03 Mountain Cat 800 EFI ?

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My tank is clear-ish, and have never had any issues with my machine :) Love it infact and not sure I care to trade up..much to my husbands idea's LOL

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
never had a probem with mine
on my 02 its clear and lights up red with some leds in the dark :)
on the 03 a leather tankbra covers the clear tank up

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder why a dealer would say they are not good.... hmmmm, maybe looking for a sale on a black one ..... See, this is why I ask around here, no BS !!! :d

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our local dealer told us to make sure it is tarped and not in direct sun all the time (sitting over summer ect) If you are not covering it with the black tank cover thing. Something to do with heat, deteriation..sorry can't remember the specfics as I wasn't that worried because we have them in our shop all the summer months. I can husband though, I bet he listened!! lol

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our local dealer told us to make sure it is tarped and not in direct sun all the time (sitting over summer ect) If you are not covering it with the black tank cover thing. Something to do with heat, deteriation..sorry can't remember the specfics as I wasn't that worried because we have them in our shop all the summer months. I can husband though, I bet he listened!! lol

Its about the UV degradation. You need to keep it covered or the UV in the sunlight will make the tank brittle. One small hit and you have a nice big hole in the tank. This is probably what the dealer was referring to as well. If its kept covered there are no issues, when it sits in the sun in the back field all summer with no cover on it, that's when you start having issues.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree your machine + at least a grand to you. Just wait....Good luck.

alaskan-outlaw

Reaction score
ive got a 2003 mountaincat 800 144 efi its a bada$$ sled man i love everything about it and the whole clear tank thing is bs ive got a clear tank and i havnt had to clean it once only problem ive ever had was my power valves gettin slightly gummed all i had to do was pull em and clean em easy as pie i went riding last weekend and ate a 750 tripple storm with a 133inch track with 2 inch paddles it had clutching and alot of motor work done to it it would stand up with me but i would go alot farther and alot harder than it would

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive got a 2003 mountaincat 800 144 efi its a bada$$ sled man i love everything about it and the whole clear tank thing is bs ive got a clear tank and i havnt had to clean it once only problem ive ever had was my power valves gettin slightly gummed all i had to do was pull em and clean em easy as pie i went riding last weekend and ate a 750 tripple storm with a 133inch track with 2 inch paddles it had clutching and alot of motor work done to it it would stand up with me but i would go alot farther and alot harder than it would

hahaha - so you beat a sled that was 10 yrs old, had less power and had a shorter track........?

Just checkin'

Top Bottom