question for all the ladies

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
i know u know

what could a guy use to bring back colour in a faded out seat like my boss seat ?

im talking about the grey parts on my seat

i know there are some kinda dye system out there for the washmachine but question is

does it harm the leather thats on the seat ?
will it really last ? and not rub out

what other ideas you have ?

any help greatly apreciated

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
and that stays in and wouldnt ruin my sledding pants on the first ride out ???

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ever tried a product by Turtle Wax, called "Black Chrome" ? I have used it on a number of different surfaces from plastics, rubbers and suede. It gives faded colors that re-newed "wet" look, and it really seems to last.

I would prob try on a small inconspicuous area first

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fabric paint might work just be sure to paint it on thin and even and let it dry well between layers.i used a sharpie marker on mine, yes it took a while and did cover but i left it uncovered this summer and it faded some what.
the thing with fabric is unless it is 50/50 cotton/polyester or 100% cotton it will not cover/stay well, as you can NOT color or bleach polyester. I am not sure of what the fabric part of the seats is made of but must have some cotton in it that it fades more so on the older seats i hope they changed this on the new ones.
there is a product called RIT fabric dye, it is a powder dye you mix with water and put in the wash or in a metal sink to dye the item, as for a seat... it might work mix it up in a small jar, paint it on, let it sit for a while then i would hose it off to remove any left over dye. honestly it needs to be a permanent dye of some kind to really lock in the fabric and then keep it covered the sun is so hard on fabrics. once you have it dyed and dry then spray it with a silicone spray to repel water and protect against the sun.
Good Luck post pics when you have it fixed

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fossy you could try some Dupli-Color Vinyl and Faric Coating, I have not used it yet but they say it works awesome and the results in the videos looks pretty good.

Good Luck:beer:

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fabric paint will not come off once it dries. I used to paint my clothes and canvas All-star high tops as a kid... It lasted for years.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
thx for the help so far

checked a crappy tire and walmart today none of em have the dupli color stuff even though it says on duplicolors page that they should carry it :(

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thx for the help so far

checked a crappy tire and walmart today none of em have the dupli color stuff even though it says on duplicolors page that they should carry it :(

Why don't you go to the re-upholstery shop in Spruce Grove (over by the archery lanes) and ask them what would be the best thing to use, hell they may even have something there that they could sell you. After all that's what they do re-cover fabric and upholstery.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got an idea,,,

JUST RIDE THE FAWKING THING lol,,, who cares about the seat and how shiney it is:d

or buy a new boss seat for $400... that fabric chit wont work for any amount of time or abuse,,,,

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and that stays in and wouldnt ruin my sledding pants on the first ride out ???

Sorry Fossy, I thought you lived around the Spruce Grove area.

If you want I can stop by and see what they say or if they have an recommendations / products and let you know if you'd like :d

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you cant order it from where you found it on line? or you just don't want to wait for it? you can always search for it on e-bay as well might be able to find it for less. if you have the time it is worth a try before you have to buy a new seat.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
u can find it on ebay for 11bucks

just thought that it might be available here in canada somewhere :)

Top Bottom