Quartz Creek Clean-UP

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!! Just letting all of you know we will be doing a Quartz Creek Cabin clean up this weekend. Sunday the 2nd and Monday the 3rd (September 2012).
We will be working on the cabin itself, as well and general clean up of surrounding area and maybe a hike to find any sled parts that might be lingering out there! This is an awesome way to give back to the clubs great efforts!
Feel free to call Mountain Motorsports at 250-344-6100 for times and logistics!
If you decide to come in late just be aware there is a Active Gold Mine in operation near the end of the "driving" road and that there is a light 2km walk to the cabin. NO ATVs can ride past the "No Motorized Access" sign.
Thanks guys! We look forward to your help!

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how did it go?.... didnt see the message for help untill yesterday.... Sorry...all cleaned up for the season? Pics? any new trails to lets say Gorman open this year?

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New trails to Gorman? Nope the same trail in as always is still there and will continue to be groomed. There is a new trail being built right now that goes from Gorman to Quartz Creek! Super pumped for that!! Be able to ride from Golden to Quartz! And maybe do the Super Loop back around through the alpine!! As stability permits of course! But that is pretty cool!!
As for the clean up we killed it! Got a ton done but still have more to do. I think the plan is to head in around the 23rd of Sept. Have to do some fascia and general clean up stuff. We love help! Might try and go for a walk too up to the alpine and have a look around! See what the weather is like!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a new trail being built right now that goes from Gorman to Quartz Creek! Super pumped for that!! Be able to ride from Golden to Quartz! And maybe do the Super Loop back around through the alpine!! As stability permits of course! But that is pretty cool!!
!

i am confused.. isnt it all alpine to get into quartz from gorman?? details!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this a go this weekend?

I see the thread is flooded with people willing to help.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this a go this weekend?

I see the thread is flooded with people willing to help.

#1 way to rally the troops is through cynicism and sarcasm. :rolleyes:

I would be there if I wasn't out of the country working.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, there will be a trail from the Gorman Lake Trail across the "West Bench" continuing to Quartz Creek Parking Lot across from the current Kiosk!! For everyone who has been looking for trail rides in the Golden area this will be the answer! Not to mention help with the safety concerns of parking and crossing the highway to Old man, maybe provide lower access to Lang, etc. etc. The list could go on, but we'll see how it all shapes up! Crews are working on this trail right now! And is scheduled to be done before snow falls (it is low in the valley). As for Clean up! WELL DONE! Check the Golden Snowmobiles Face book page Golden Snowmobile Club | Facebook to see some photos! Good group of volunteers cleaned up bags of garbage out of the alpine and cabin area and also did some cabin maintenance! Put up a BUNCH more coat hangers, among other things. Very very pleased!

Top Bottom