Quartz Creek - AST1 Field Day Video

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Just some footage of the day spent at Quartz with Lori and Randy Zacaruk of Zac's Tracs while completing my field day of AST1 Avalanche Training. If you haven't taken this course yet, I highly recommend it. Besides learning about the snow and digging pits to analyze the layers in the snowpack, the in field portion includes a great lesson on beacon operations, burial finds, and recoveries. Great to come away with more knowledge that may help save a life?

Thanks Lori & Randy! :)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZMtRsKZeNY[/YOUTUBE]

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bahaha. I love how the guy was going to burn a nut and show off for those 25 people and bails. Bahaha. I would have laughed.

Always gotta be somebody trying to impress.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Bahaha. I love how the guy was going to burn a nut and show off for those 25 people and bails. Bahaha. I would have laughed.

Always gotta be somebody trying to impress.

Ya caught that did ya? I had a good chuckle and trust me, I was tempted to blow through some of that powder up top but thought Id probably stick a tree well or do something stupid and said...nooooo. Just tow the line and stick to the program today! :)

funinsno

Reaction score
Been there done that on the sh*t hooks. I was there assisting Lori and Randy with the course and it was tempting to take off and have a little " warm up ride" but that would have just added to the distractions so it was just easier to stay put. All in all this was the 5th. avy course that i have participated in. With all of the new information that is avalible I am still leaning new strategies for becon searches and shovelling techniques.

Roybrew

Reaction score
Hi, I really liked your video. Well done man. Just wondering, did you film that with a GoPro? If so, which mount do you use to mount to your sled helmet?

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
That was shot with a GoPro wide angle (not the HD version) and I just found one of the small clips that fit the contour of the top of the helmet and slid it in there. Production was done using Pinnacle Studio.

Top Bottom