Quartz Creek 2013/14

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to go test the waters out tomorrow for people looking for updates. I had some buddies go out there yesterday and said it was pretty damn good for November... and they were local. So I'll do my best to get you guys some photos and depths. Game on in Golden!!
As for future, our 1.5m snowpack we are currently rocking will shrink up this weekend with some traffic and high pressure. It got pretty cold out there so we should see the pack tighten up. From what I hear there have been some avalanche action on some NE facing slopes. Keep your eyes open.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that! Anxious to get out in the next week or two!!!!

Reaction score
Didnt take to many photos today but here it s. Ride in was pretty ok, snow all the way and not punching through to dirt, but that doesnt matter anymore as on the way out we managed to get a freshly groomed ride. Snow was good, quite a bit of fresh from that low pressure system early week. There definitely still are hazards around so pick your lines but they are disappearing pretty fast, 1 more good dump and it will be balls to the wall. Hope this helps 530491_547148522044745_1566127545_n.jpg

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to hit quartz Sunday or Monday? Would like to get out for a rip!

calgaryboy

Reaction score
rode quartz on saturday, managed to get into east bowl and the saddle. lots of little (and big) rocks still poking through. we need another few feet at least before you can ride hard. Both buddies I was out with hit rocks and broke their sleds before the end of the day. Guess im the lucky one playing it safe :)

Grizzwald

Reaction score
Buddy & I rode Quartz on Saturday, as well. Probed about 60 cm of base in the valley bottom southeast of the cabin, near the park boundary. Lot's of landmines but managed to ride unscathed. Noticed several small slides on northeast aspect slopes. Good to get out and scratch the itch, but they need more snow. Place was tracked out by 2 pm.

• Thanks
Reactions: CJR

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed that way tmrw with another guy off snowandmud. If you got all the avy gear and some experience I'm sure we wouldn't mind a tag along. Have to get out there yourself though. If interested shoot me a pm

Top Bottom