Quartz Conditions

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thinking of hitting up quartz sometime soon. never been to the area. how long is the trail up?
15 kms to the cabin

how often is it groomed?
it is the smoothest trail in Golden

is there lots of tree play areas that dont have any threats from above?
Other than some small areas in cabin valley to the left, not really. There are some smaller areas up top but they usually get pounded out fast. The back bowls can slide and have let go some pretty big stuff last year, avy risk is high right now, be careful if you go. Read through some of the old threads in this section and you will see lots of Quartz threads and see terrain pics and avy's that have let go.

Hope that helps.

hihi962

Reaction score
the ol' man left this morning to pass through golden and head to Invermere, said the hiway1 was still closed around noon..he had to take hwy93. said driving conditions were quite bad, lotta trucks lined up stopped, some were passed spun out on in a few areas. I was gonna go this weekend but sounds like a no go..
anyone else hear any different about the road conditions around there?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ol' man left this morning to pass through golden and head to Invermere, said the hiway1 was still closed around noon..he had to take hwy93. said driving conditions were quite bad, lotta trucks lined up stopped, some were passed spun out on in a few areas. I was gonna go this weekend but sounds like a no go..
anyone else hear any different about the road conditions around there?

Highway #1 was closed between Revy and Golden for avy control on Rogers Pass, not sure when it was going to be re-opened.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highway #1 was closed between Revy and Golden for avy control on Rogers Pass, not sure when it was going to be re-opened.

closed at field and ten mile ...........crashes....id say if castle juctions open and you wanna get to golden tonite...go that way......road is fine just retarted drivers......its only 3 hr drive take ur time

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im suppose to go on Sunday for Demo DOO ride. Dont know if im going to bother... will know tomorrow night i guess

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just waiting to see if the HWY opens, supposed to go work at doo ride and ride but she looks pretty scetchy......avi conditions looks nasty....

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nasty is right...if you can get here, be ready to shovel, dig, shovel, dig, ride, shovel, shovel, dig, dig... you get it. :rolleyes:
It's DEEP, and it got a bit heavy yesterday...not many peeps made it very far yesterday into Silent...even the turbos. :eek:

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nasty is right...if you can get here, be ready to shovel, dig, shovel, dig, ride, shovel, shovel, dig, dig... you get it. :rolleyes:
It's DEEP, and it got a bit heavy yesterday...not many peeps made it very far yesterday into Silent...even the turbos. :eek:

thanks Tam, I'm gonna head up there slow today and keep-er on the flats tomorrow, I'll bring 2 shovels....

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you made it :) We were there Sat, it was stupid deep. :d Perfect!!!!
My co-worker Brad(Ginger) said he saw you out there, he was the guy with the silver openfaced helmet with no visor, he's a fashon whore.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO, 'Retro Man' was super cool.:wtg: He was beaming ear to ear everytime I saw him :d

You mean this guy ? He's a good trench digger. If anybody needs a trench dug in their yard you can call Brad @ 403 288 5421

Attachments

• P1160010.jpg
    P1160010.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 865

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahahahaaaaa Your such a good friend Lucas!!
Sweet pic!

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahahahaaaaa Your such a good friend Lucas!!
Sweet pic!
yep, luckily Ginger has a snow bunjie and honest to God he is standing up in his trench and he's 5'10. That was were we did our mock rescue during our Ast1 cousre with you and Ryan last year at the end of the valley, closest to the cabin by the old cabin....We got Daltons sled really stuck trying to pull Gingers out on that one as well. It was the first of many that day.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's going to be at Golden for a ride on Friday? Looking to hook up with someone for a day ride
PM me

double a ron

Reaction score
Anyone know why the special bulletin basically surrounds the purcells but does not include them? It includes rogers pass?

What is going on in the Golden area risk wise?

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why the special bulletin basically surrounds the purcells but does not include them? It includes rogers pass?

What is going on in the Golden area risk wise?

Golden has a special bulletin in effect as well. It falls in the areas mentioned.

Rated considerable, but special warning applies. :)

Top Bottom