Quartz Cabin SUMMER 2011

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So myself and the club president went up to Quartz a week or so ago and did a little summer clean up! The cabin needs some love so there is a work crew heading up Sept. 10th, 11th, 12th for any of you who would like to come and help!! We are fixing a few soffits, and facia boards, finishing off the long awaited electrical and getting ready for a solar panel (we hope), along with general clean up! Deck repairs, door frame repairs, sticker removal, etc etc. all the usual stuff! The snow load this winter was rough on the structure, but it faired pretty well considering!
We had one glitch in the plan as someone uninformed individual "BORROWED" the beacons from the beacon basin... (4 of them) maybe not realizing they are not functioning units!!!
They are powered by an external battery source and do not have a search function!! So please if you are the one who "borrowed" them you can discretely leave them in front of the GSR / Mountain Motorsports shop at any time!!! PLEASE!
Other then that the trail in is a bit rough via ATV in a few spots so make sure you tread lightly if you are coming to help! We do our best as a club to do as little damage as possible so please help us in doing so!
Thanks guys!!

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thats a shame that they took the beacons. how many people do you need Aaron and what supplies do you need? and What time in the morning are you starting on those days. i hope they dont think those beacons will save them :( that would be a shame digging someone out when its too late and there wearing one of those

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sheesh.. Stealing beacons... What next? Good on you for fixing it up. Not that bad but could use a clean up I soppose.. Ohh and leave a sticker or two... Some of them look cool. lol

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a group of us heading out to Quartz Sunday the 11th probably around 10:00 in the parking lot. We are bringing deck boards, facia, etc. etc.
ATV's are the preferred mode of transportation to get into the cabin, but there are a few dirt bikes heading in. Obviously the cabin is the END of the motorized corridor so no one is to head up past the cabin unless it is by foot! We would love to have some help! Call me at the shop GSR/Mountain Motorsports at 250-344-6100 if you would like to help, Ask for Aaron.
Thanks guys!!

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I think i can make it... will see you there but if I cant I will let you know. Tools to bring? hammer? what else? Screw guns? Let me know
403 589-2108
Rich

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WE WILL NOT BE GOING THIS WEEKEND! It has been pushed back one week because of a last minute ROAD CLOSURE!! PLEASE LET EVERYONE KNOW!

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok it's back on, we will be heading in to Quartz Cabin via ATVs on Sept. 16th! The ATVs will have to be parked at the boulder field a few km short of the cabin and we'll have to hike from there as a closure has been put in affect due to some enviro damages by some young ATVers.
A helicopter will be used to fly supplies in (wood tools etc)... THANK YOU Forestry!!
If you would like to help do a little carpentry or general clean up work we would LOVE to have some help! We will be shooting for 9:30am in Quartz Parking Lot!!
Call me at the shop if you have any questions 250-344-6100
Thanks guys!!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of pics from the Clean-up/ work party this weekend. The weather was pretty cold and rainy but there was some white stuff falling up top! P9180286.jpg P9180288.jpg P9180292.jpg P9180290.jpg

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help!! I think it was a very productive day! We'll set you guys up with treats!!

Top Bottom