quads or bikes

driller

Reaction score
Hello fellow riders
I am looking at getting a couple of quads or bikes for me and my 13yr son
I am unsure of which to get him into. I have owned quads for a long time but sold my last one last summer. We like to explore areas go up through the bush and find ways to get into areas the average joe doesn't go. But with the price of fuel these days and the entery fee to get in I am wondering about going to bikes instead. Anyhow some feed back with pros and cons from different source would be nice.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow riders
I am looking at getting a couple of quads or bikes for me and my 13yr son
I am unsure of which to get him into. I have owned quads for a long time but sold my last one last summer. We like to explore areas go up through the bush and find ways to get into areas the average joe doesn't go. But with the price of fuel these days and the entery fee to get in I am wondering about going to bikes instead. Anyhow some feed back with pros and cons from different source would be nice.

Pro's and cons to both. For starters, the quads are more stable (in most situations). Also, almost anyone can learn to drive a quad. Anothing thing to consider, is not everyone can ride a bike. This can be a pro and con as only certian people will be able to ride it.

My 9 year old boy has been riding quads for a few years now and this year we are going to get him on the trails a bit.

Not sure what the laws are about a 13 year old on a bike either. I know a quad is acceptable, but I think they need to be 16 for a bike unless on private land. Here is the link for the ATV info

My honest opinion, I would go with a quad for the boy, at least until he gets the hang of things and learns the respect for the machine. Maybe after a few years then get him into a bike.

Also, check out the ATV training courses they have. Well worth it. I took one and my boy will be taking one this year. Possibly you guys can take it together.

Top Bottom