Quading around whitecourt/fox cree/ swan hills

boost

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering where the best place to go camping/ quading and maybe do a little fishing if there is a place that acomodates all three of those that would be great. Thanks in advance

Jeepindg

Reaction score
I used to go out to windfall creek gas plant just west of whitecourt, on 43 turn south on windfall creek gas plant road -- go south and there is a big river there where lots of people fish, continue south to end of pavement (Windfall gas plant) I beleive right turn goes to a river for fishing, left goes to tom hill tower road, decent trails out there as 3 cutlines converge on the gas plant. random camp anywhere you can find --- however slightly hard to find -- a couple miles down tom hill tower road was the old bush airstrip, maintained but never used we would camp at the end / side of the strip.

Google maps of airstrip
https://maps.google.com/?ll=54.144571,-116.240619&spn=0.004204,0.013078&t=h&z=17

Used to be decent area to go

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smoke lake south of Fox creek is a good spot for all three. I always camp at the west end of the lake as its not part of the campsite and its free, access it from the big stone road, you take the left after the CCS plant and it takes you right to a clearing by a stream right on the lake, lots of room for a few units to camp, and tons of trails and cutlines everywhere. I bring my canoe and launch it right from camp and always catch a good amount of Walleye and jack not far from shore. Also a great spot to set up a hunting camp as well. As for Windfall, its always busy on the weekends with quaders, campers, boaters, fish cops and RCMP. Athabasca river has some good fishing but it is very hard to fish ecspecially when its as high as it is right now, and the river mentioned to the right after the windfall plant is Silver Creek, not good fishing in there at all. Might catch a mini rainbow trout or a grayling when the water is high but other than that it sucks

Last edited:
Top Bottom