Quadding

techgreg

Reaction score
If any of you are up north and are looking for trail maps, I've been working on a web site over the past year or so. Eventually I would like to cover all of BC and Alberta, but for now I'm concentrating on the Peace Region.

LeinaD

Reaction score
There's also an iPhone app called atv trails it's not bad for staging areas ... It be a lot better if more people used it but it has a few spots.

techgreg

Reaction score
There's also an iPhone app called atv trails it's not bad for staging areas ... It be a lot better if more people used it but it has a few spots.

Yeah, I saw that. Not much on it for Canada yet, but it's a great idea. If I ever get brave, I might just try my hand at putting together an app using the mapping data people have submitted to ATVmaps.net.

At this point though, I encourage using the GPSkit app on the iPhone (I'm not affiliated with them, it's just a darn good app). It allows you to download not only maps from my web site, but from anywhere onto your iPhone, even from your computer! It also gives you full GPS functionality without needing cell phone service, and you can dowload map tiles from google maps, or other mapping sites for off-line use too. I've been using it for quite a while, it's a super versatile app, and that's the concept that I've built my website around.

ATVmaps.net is also compatible with Google Earth for viewing the maps.

Oh, one other cool thing. If you have the GPSkit app on your iPhone, to get maps from my web site, you simply navigate to the correct page using Safari. At the bottom of the page you will find the file to download... click on it and a page will open up with a button... "Open in GPS Kit". Click on this button, and voila! You have the map!

Last edited:

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the gpskit app easy to use on an iPhone? I see its a $10 app

techgreg

Reaction score
Again, I have no affiliation with the app developer.

I tried virtually every GPS app available for the iPhone when I was developing the web site and was out making maps on my quad. I found GPS kit to be the best, hands down.

Easy to use? I think so. I put up a pictorial on how to use it with ATVmaps today on my website under the main menu, then under "stuff you should know".

The app used to be $20. Even at that price I was super happy with it. It truly replaces having to carry a dedicated GPS with you. At $9.99 I think it's a steal compared to buying even a cheap hand held GPS unit.

Last edited:

chop

Reaction score
can i get that app for my galaxy 3s smart phone ?

techgreg

Reaction score
I have no idea. Can you search the android App Store and see? Lemme know if you find it.

I just did some searching on the web version of the Android App Store. I don't see GPS Kit :-( I would be interested in trying "GPS Essentials" if I had an Android phone. It sounds like it might work from the description.

Last edited:
Top Bottom