Quadding the Incomappleux valley

Canamkurt

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd like to take a trip up the Incomappleux Valley in the Trout Lake area to try see the old growth forest towards the end of the valley. I've been researching how to get there and it looks like the logging road had a rock slide back around 2005 that appears to be impassable.

Does anyone know a route to get up that valley? Or has this road been cleared?

Canamkurt

Reaction score
Rockslide.jpg

morerpmfred

Reaction score
Where on the road is the rock slide ? Do you know the name of the fsr ?
Wanting to check out that part of the world myself.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That picture looks like the canyon just north of Beaton and if it is, then it's been cleared. We were up Pool/Mohawk creek a few weeks ago. Didn't go any further then Canmore (sp?) so can't speak for the rest of the valley.

Canamkurt

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys (the replies got spammed in my email account so I just found them).

I haven't been to the area before so I'm not much help in trying to determine exactly what FSR it is. All I know is that its north of Beaton, and near the south end of the road. Hopefully get up there before soon before the snow falls.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of that area from Beaton to Meadow creek on the Duncan lake is awesome. Do yourself a favour and take the last 2 weeks of August to see it all. Any sooner and you'll hit snow from the previous winter and many times after the Sept long weekend you'll run into fresh snow :D

Top Bottom