quadding in dutch creek area

t-bomb

Reaction score
Hey a buddy of mine said he is going camping in dutch creek. I was wondering what sort of regulations there are down there. Is it a quad/offroad friendly or has it become like wiaporus and you can't go anywhere because they have closed all the trails and it's crawing with RCMP and wardens? I basically would like to ride right from where I set up my trailer. I don't want to be riding get pulled over and fined because I am not allowed to be on that trail. I am fully plated and insured but don't know the area at all.

Second I am towing a trailer and was wondering if it's better to turn at chain lakes to get to hwy 40 and south to the turn off

Or travel the extra 40 km on hwy 22 to Maycroft then cut across at Maycroft to hwy 40 and then north to the turn off.

would like to stay on the road that is in better shape because I can travel faster.

t-bomb

Reaction score
sorry coming from Calgary...forgot to mention that

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry coming from Calgary...forgot to mention that
Stay on 22......... and dutch has a few restrictions........ but i'm not super familiar with the area so I cannot answer as to where or all are....and where the best place to stage and camp would be .........i'm sure someone on here will give ya a better idea. hope it helps.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great riding from campsite get a map from crowsnest quadsqaud there is over 500 miles of trails if you camp at dutch the map will be the north side there is a snowmobile shelter to go and cook in we just joined the club and plan on riding with them this summer

t-bomb

Reaction score
Can you ride on the gravel roads? Or just ATV trails? If there is a trail along side "in the ditch" can you ride that legally?

jj48

Reaction score
you can't ride on the gravel roads.there are trails in the ditch to ride on.maylong will bring out lot's of cops and check stops all weekend,so becareful.

Top Bottom