Quad Trip

DIRT LUMP

Reaction score
about 15-20min north of the cabin,you picked a good place to stay,if you want you can ride from the cabin into phyllis lake which is like 5-7km away.Good trails to ride but prairie creek area is probably the best for the riding your into.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your going as far as hinton turn left just past it and head up to Cadomin. MUD MUSKEG AND MOUNTAINS a little of everything. But then again mud may be a challenge this spring unless it snows a wack in the next few months

Dont forget the caves

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hummingbird is scenic,,,,, but doesnt open till July 1st,,,,,,,,, very rocky and bumpy as far as I am concerned and dusty if it hasnt rain in a while, googles are a must!!! Prairie is where I do 95% of my guiding and tours - Quads and 50% with sleds

We rode Hummingbird July 1st 2008 and got into a lot of trouble past onion lake with snow and high water levels,could not make the loop.Very scenic but was also busy with horses.

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
about 15-20min north of the cabin,you picked a good place to stay,if you want you can ride from the cabin into phyllis lake which is like 5-7km away.Good trails to ride but prairie creek area is probably the best for the riding your into.
How do we get from the cabins to Prairie creek can we just ride there? Is there maps to get somewhere?

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O.K so we are going to RMH on april 28th to may 1 justwanted to know how is the quadding there at that time?Is there still to much snow? Do not want to be riding with sleds out there:d Around here we are usually riding early april.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is quite a bit of snow here right now. More than last year. We still had some snow on the trails last year for the may 1st weekend. Depending on the spring weather, I would say there will still be quite a bit of snow and frost in the higher elevations this year at that time.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is quite a bit of snow here right now. More than last year. We still had some snow on the trails last year for the may 1st weekend. Depending on the spring weather, I would say there will still be quite a bit of snow and frost in the higher elevations this year at that time.

So do you recommend going there at that time or are we better off waiting another week or two? We`re all in for a bit of snow but we still wait to be able to get around...

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say wait til mid to end of May. Last year out there was rainy and snowy at the end of April. Of course early June is always good!

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May Long last year the snow was gone for the most part higher elevations and well shaded areas had some the trails were muddy. But then then Sunday night came along and it became typical May Long weather again SNOW and RAIN:beer:

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanx for the input we are going to wait to see how the weather turns out closer to that time we would like to go later in may. we can,t really go later because it is time to open the lake lot then so please keep us informed of the snow depth.
Thank You
Daryl
:theCabin:

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How has the weather been around Rocky Mountain House the last couple weeks:):feedback:Still planning on riding out ther april 28th to may 2 hope the snow is going as fast around there as it is here

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been 6-8 above for the last 10 days or so, the snow is a-melting quick. There's still quite a bit in the bush, but at this rate, there will be nothing left by the end of April.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The weather has been awesome. We went for a ride at Medicine Lake on Saturday. There was still 6" of snow on most of the cutlines, but easy to get around. Where the sun can hit, there is some mud already. By the beginning of May, you are going to be happy you have snorkles.

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the info really looking forward to the trip hopefully the snow stays away and it gets messy out there :d We have to make are final decision on the trip or not by april 15th so please keep me updated

Top Bottom