Quad Trip

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few of us from the flat country want to head out to maby Hinto AB to do some mountain riding this spring can anyone give me any info on accomodations or good riding areas would like to stay at a cabin to quad out looking for something fairly extreme as far as mud and water goes.Maby even consider a quided tour if available
Thanks

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any locals out there from the Hinton area have any suggestions? There must be some extreme riding out that way???:d Our second choice would be Rockey Mountian House area....

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Rimbey Kinsmen Medicine Lake poker ralley is going to be Saturday, May 1 this year. I think it would be worth the trip.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go to grande cash not far from hinton i was told sheep creek has some good riding

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your looking for mud..............good luck with that.Google Gregg River cabins and go from there,You can stage in the parking lot,any direction and off you go!
Head towards the mountains if you want extreme!
catmando

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your going as far as hinton turn left just past it and head up to Cadomin. MUD MUSKEG AND MOUNTAINS a little of everything. But then again mud may be a challenge this spring unless it snows a wack in the next few months

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Rimbey Kinsmen Medicine Lake poker ralley is going to be Saturday, May 1 this year. I think it would be worth the trip.

Would like some mor info on this event if you can please
Is it mountain terrain?
Is there accomodationd close by or within a short drive (hotel please we will not be bringing a camper?
this is the time we thinking of coming just want some different terrain to ride for a couple days.
Where we are if you had a level on your quad the bubble would always be centerd LMAO.
Thanks any info would be great.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like some mor info on this event if you can please
Is it mountain terrain?
Is there accomodationd close by or within a short drive (hotel please we will not be bringing a camper?
this is the time we thinking of coming just want some different terrain to ride for a couple days.
Where we are if you had a level on your quad the bubble would always be centerd LMAO.
Thanks any info would be great.

I have a Kinsmen meeting tomorrow, where we will discuss all the aspects of the poker ralley. I will post all the details in the rally info section. There are no mountains, but a few hills that can eat your lunch. There is never a shortage of mud and muskeg, and some beautiful trails. Last year we had around 450 quads, this year should be more. We have a Super 8 and a brand new Best Western in Rimbey, both with indoor pools, and a couple other clunker motels, which is only 40 minutes from Medicine Lake. I will have all the info tomorrow.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any hotels close to that area? How about finding maps for the trails in RMH?

If you go to the information center in RMH they have some maps at the counter that have alot of trails. I got one for the bighorn area last year and they had a couple of other areas mapped out as well!

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pick up a copy of the central Alberta backroad map book and the canadian rockies back road map book every thing you need from trails lodging and directions are in those books and they are gps compatible.

DIRT LUMP

Reaction score
if you google the rocky mountain house atv club hummingbird falls,ram falls and that area will come up.if your ever in rocky you can stop at glenns sports line they have area maps for atvers right on the counter for free.Or try to hook up with a local that know the area can give you some insight about the areas.theres probably about 30 different areas to ride around rocky depends on what kind of riding you want,mud,trail,hills.mountains,lakes,skeg.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you google the rocky mountain house atv club hummingbird falls,ram falls and that area will come up.if your ever in rocky you can stop at glenns sports line they have area maps for atvers right on the counter for free.Or try to hook up with a local that know the area can give you some insight about the areas.theres probably about 30 different areas to ride around rocky depends on what kind of riding you want,mud,trail,hills.mountains,lakes,skeg.

We`re looking for some mud and skeg with some extreme climbs and nice views. We were hoping to go to Hinton area only because the highway is twinned to EDM. but RMH is looking like a better choice.

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we decided on Rocky Mountain House so any info on that are would be great and thank you for all the posts.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Safari guy is a memeber on this site and opporates a tour company out of the area. Try and contact him I beleive he can get probaby help you out and may even but up for a ride

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Hummingbird is scenic,,,,, but doesnt open till July 1st,,,,,,,,, very rocky and bumpy as far as I am concerned and dusty if it hasnt rain in a while, googles are a must!!! Prairie is where I do 95% of my guiding and tours - Quads and 50% with sleds

Top Bottom