quad tires??

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
question? i have the xmr with the 30" backs skinnys all around, my question is if i were to take em off the rim and sell them, could i strap on laws to it and not skinnys? not a fan of the skinnys, i like my tires like i like my women, MEATY! haha thanks.

You would have to check on the size of the rim width

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are the stock itp 212 14" rims, just curious if i could mount 30 by 11 or 12's on the back?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you can . I run all my 30`s on 6 inch front rims. Much easier on the beads.............

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who carries the Swamp Fox or Mud Hog tires in Alberta?

First post from IPad

Last edited:

115zeke

Reaction score
i got a set of 26 zillas and they are awesome i can berry my quad and drive out and will not snap axels like outlaws

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran 26" Zillas all season on my RZR. Awesome tire they work very well in the mud and reasonably well in skeg.:D

Attachments

• Wood_Buffalo-20111024-00365.jpg
    Wood_Buffalo-20111024-00365.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 173

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to look at the Bighorn tires as well, they are amazing for ALL ROUND use, and very tough (punture resistant), if you find yourself in sticky mud often then Zilla's all the way.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you go to www.mudinmyblood.net you will see on the left side(under the reference chart heading) where you can click on a " tire weight chart". there will be all the brands, well most of them with tire weights

This is my view... you really want to buy a tire for 3 reasons... 1. lightness 2. good traction in a lot of different conditions and 3. punture resistance.

Unfortunely you can't have all three in a tire.. some compormising has to be done...

for a well balanced all around tire, you can't beat the zilla's... lightest non power robbing tire out there...

good traction and fairly strong too.

there is a new tire by kenda called the bearclaw ltr or something like that... its not that heavy and looks like a pretty good tire..

i have Big horns 1.0"s but have taken the treadblocks and have put many sypes in them like a ice radial car tire... syping is something that alot of 4 x4 teams do to inhance the tires... this is something i have done to my big's.. i will post pics tomorrow... if you have never syped a quad tire... i tell ya.. it makes that tire into a super performer..

i would not knock it unless you have tryed it... the bigs don't have a real good tread on them.. all they have is a lug and the only cut in them is in the middle knob... they are quite slippery in the wet and some don't even like them in the snow... but i tell ya.. sype the tire or any tire out there and watch that tire shine in alll conditions...gncc guys do use them, but lots are going away from them and going to a tire that has some type of sypes or cut outs in the tread blocks.. i call them "busy" cause there is alot going on with each knob..lol

take any tire and sype them and you have a great traction tire... the lighter the tire the more nibble your machine will be and less power will be robbed... 1 pound of rotational mass is equal to 7 pounds of dead weight. look for the lightest tire with a busy tread and has a background of holding up to puntures..

Last edited:

Lahey99

Reaction score
anyone out there running mudbugs? they were on my quad when i pruchased....although havent pushed the limits with them yet they seem to perfrom well?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone out there running mudbugs? they were on my quad when i pruchased....although havent pushed the limits with them yet they seem to perfrom well?
Mudbugs are a great tire. Excellent mud performance while keeping a nice light weight that won't kill power. I've had many sets of Bugs over the years.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just my thoughts but I have noticed that if run mud a hard compound tire is good for ripping through tree roots and sharp objects that can't be seen and a soft compound is better when it comes to the cold weather as it flexes better and grips the ice and snow better and a softer ride, now you just need to find out what you like to do more or buy some tire that's in the middle range

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mudbugs are a great tire. Excellent mud performance while keeping a nice light weight that won't kill power. I've had many sets of Bugs over the years.

Haven't heard anyone complain about them plus I rode in deep snow with a guy that had mud bugs and they worked wicked compared to the Mudlight XTR's I had. I think they had a tendancy to float on top of the snow unsead of dig.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many reasons i guess.The smaller zilla`s are quite light and run about i inch less than advertized in diameter. The bigger the tire the more ground clearence/footprint. On the flip side more weight and harder on driveline etc.. If you always ride Mclean i would look at a bighorns/pit bulls/grim reapers/ripsaws type of tire as they wil stand up better in the rocky terrain..........If you were70/30 mud trails &rock i would go Zilla`s........
I think most people on here would agree with this advice,hope it helps..............

yamafam

Reaction score
Zillas are the best all round tire. I'd look into mega-mayhems, itps new tire. There a direct competition to the zillas. Light and have a knarly looking tred. I have 28" mud bugs and there pretty decent but not the best in the snow, they dig to much. Ill always vote for outlaws though. :)

Top Bottom