Quad insurance claims

bcham5

Reaction score
Hello I had a incident with my quad yesterday that left my little bro(21) with roadrash ,black eye, hurt shoulder and some other minor injurys( he was wearing a helmet it was open face tho lol) and he was turning a corner with my bruteforce and he thought it was a corner but it was a U turn and he ended up going off the road and rolling it 10 feet down a sleep hill into trees and it got banged up, it happend in Bc and im in alberta and the frame might be bent and the front left A arm assembly is F*cked , would my quad insurance cover this accident im wondering(ive never made a claim on anything) heres a pic of the damage theres more pics getting emailed to me.

IMG_7098.jpg

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure, glad your little bro is ok, if it were me I'd be laying a whole world of hurt on him if it were my quad. Not for damaging it rather for being silly and riding with his thumb and not his head.

Call your insurance and ask the question that's about the only way your going to find out. If the frame is bent you could be looking at some $$ to fix it, if its just the A-arm and cosmetics it shouldn't be all that bad and not worth going through the insurance.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, guys(vanmarley) first post is spam.
In regards to the quad - they should cover it. my general rule for claiming collisions is under $5K, don't bother. it'll affect your other policies no matter what they tell you.
Over $5K, clearly worth the increased premiums for the next few years...

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, guys(vanmarley) first post is spam.In regards to the quad - they should cover it. my general rule for claiming collisions is under $5K, don't bother. it'll affect your other policies no matter what they tell you. Over $5K, clearly worth the increased premiums for the next few years...
Quads are family endorsed. No worries on Making a claim. I wrote off a few machines in my day. Your other toys will not go up in insurance. If its not a write off that machine may go up after the repAir. It also doesnt matter who was rideing ghe machine.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, my insurance co told me it would only affect the quad, nothing else.. some companies have changed that rule.... and if you have, like me a 8 year clear you can get for 40 bucks a year the no fault endorsement.. your first accident, your fault will not screw you.. they give you the first at fault claim free.. no increase in preimums.. but you need to have a full year clean after that untill you can put the endorsement back on..

if you have collison coverage, then they will fix it or write it off, is damgae is more than what it is worth...

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way I see it your brother had an accident on your quad. Did he have your permission to use it??? If so he should be responsible. I would hope if it's lots to fix he would buck up and pay the deductible to get your quad back in the condition it was in, or depending on the cost to fix he'd foot the repair bill and save your insurance from going up...............just saying..........

bcham5

Reaction score
Way I see it your brother had an accident on your quad. Did he have your permission to use it??? If so he should be responsible. I would hope if it's lots to fix he would buck up and pay the deductible to get your quad back in the condition it was in, or depending on the cost to fix he'd foot the repair bill and save your insurance from going up...............just saying..........

he passed away 3 weeks later , so the bugger got out of paying for it.... lmao

bcham5

Reaction score
i
It`s a brute ,beat it back in place and weld it up....How much worse can it handle....?:smiliestirthepot:

it got beat back and fixed up good, thena month ago my other younger bother rolled it on its side and bent the tie rod bar :)
at this rate my step dad will never enjoy his machine i sold him.
309230_10150373514978384_627938383_9936756_1883116348_n.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom