quad closures

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The snowmobile chat is slowing down as riders wind down from our hectic winter.

Maybe this will spice it up a bit.....an early look at what's eventually to effect us all!!

skidplate

Reaction score
I'm sure that this type of mindset and approch to managing ATV's/sleds is only going to grow if all people picture us as is a bunch of 'nature wrecking' clowns running around the bush. I am mixed on the results of this inquiry. I agree that if some one did cause say a forest fire to happen while out quading then they should be held accountable for that. It is no different then regulations governing campers and hikers, that is why they close certain areas or post out fire bans. It sucks but it is meant for the greater good. I am sure that I have a larger 'environmental foot print' then the average guy on account of owning and enjoying an ATV but I am not sure how they are going to measure 'environmental damage' or regulate people's driving while in the bush. It seems like another situation were the actions of a few have painted the rest of us with the same brush. It is a great sense of freedom to go for a rip, but if people keep leaving a mess behind or doing dumb things then it is going to get harder and harder to find a place to experience that freedom.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah,,,, guys really gotta stop throwin beer cans out on the trail. looks really bad I like to have a few on the trail too but just keep em in your bag when done.

VintageDOO

Reaction score
We are our own worst enemy!!!! It is time to grow up and take responsibility for our actions. Lets police the other guys out on the trails, lets police ourselves. Let's keep what we have for riding areas. Before you know it we will have to drive for 2-3 hours just to go for a leisure ride. Personally, I just started quadding a couple years ago and I cherish the thought that I will be able to teach my kids about this fine hobby. Lets keep our riding areas clean, lets clean up all the chit out there........:rant::rant::rant:

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed we need to police ourselves and others on the trail we have a local area that is in danger of being closed due to the few bad ones painting the rest of us i dis agree with this those bad ones they need their head smacked

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where I am at its the same dorks ruin for every one tearing up farm land or wrecking fences. But if you give them sh!t better be able to handle it, or better yet just report them.

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you guys 100% especialy about the littering on trails. I get instantly p!$$ed off when im on a trail and you can see were everyone has stopped because of the garbage in the bushes.

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree that we need to clean it up and respect the places we have. i have a 14 year old son who is starting to get into it and i want to teach him the proper ways. we are the examples of our kids and they should be lead by good example. its ok to have a wopply pop or 2 out there but i dont need him to think its ok to drink and drive neither,so hopefully we can show good examples

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why they came up with RAPP (Report all poachers and polluters). Harder to do here as our quads don't have plates or anything.You'd have to find where they park there rigs.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have room to pack it in while u can pack it out,the people I ride with always bring everything out we bring in and some times more:)

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It the old....10% of the People Cause 90% of the Problems. :nono:
Personally, I have a 0% Alcohol Tolerance when riding. Once the machine is shut off, the first drink flows.
Judging by the way I feel some mornings...I still manage to have enough time to tip a few.

Litter...absolutely NO EXCUSE.

Cheers!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It the old....10% of the People Cause 90% of the Problems. :nono:
Personally, I have a 0% Alcohol Tolerance when riding. Once the machine is shut off, the first drink flows.
Judging by the way I feel some mornings...I still manage to have enough time to tip a few.

Litter...absolutely NO EXCUSE.

Cheers!!

I am zero tolerance as well but I don't mind a guy having a couple of wobbly pops. When the riding is done my elbow can be as active the next guy. I bring out what I take in and many times it is more that I take in. I like the bush clean and it would be nice to find just the trail and campfire ring and nothing else.

Yes, the policing thing of our own is coming closer and becoming a necessity....

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also subscribe to "Trackshare.com" out of Winnipeg and they have serious, self inflicted, problems. Not so much garbage (a little of that) but indescriminate use of the atv's in towns, restricted areas, causing brush fires & a lot of riders that think its their right to do what they want, where they want, & when they want.

Vast majority of subscribers a more than great but as with anywhere else, there are a few neanderthols that screw around and advocate running from authoritys after they've chew up ski and sled trailss/

Top Bottom