push turbo's

boon

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have one? and what do they think of them?

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saw spoke to a dealer today - said 200 hp on pump gas. Bolt on in 2 hours. Easy install. Yamaha turbo does not void warranty. More info would be great if anyone has any. I would rather not be part of the R&D process if these are not proven but like the number 200 and the price.

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have spoken with a few people in regards to Yamaha using an unknown for providing their Turbo's. Perhaps they can jump-in and shed more light. Yamaha had each provider (MPI and Push) go through some very extensive testing. I wasn't privy to all the tests conducted but I do know that one test had them run the sleds full throttle for miles on end on a track made for this test. They either had to be full-on or completely off the throttle with no in-between. I didn't hear if Push performed without incident but I was told that MPI didn't have any failures whatsoever. I don't think that there will be many issues had with either of them.:twocents:

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at putting one on a sled I bought in the US. The US price is 3,999 USD plus 2 hours install - seems reasonable and the guy said 200 hp on pump gas.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at putting one on a sled I bought in the US. The US price is 3,999 USD plus 2 hours install - seems reasonable and the guy said 200 hp on pump gas.

2 hrs install....damned I think I have about 24hrs into my MPI kit!

Hopefully the PUSH turbo works out and they sell like hot cakes!

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I bit - on backorder in the US from Yamaha at the moment but put one on order today!

shellnekov

Reaction score
Anyone know the reason these turbos cannot be used at low elevations? Seems like a nice option except for that, deal breaker for me.

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Guy's I would not worry about the PUSH turbo for Yamaha. Just a funny feeling I have. Also Haggis if you like I have MCX-180 in stock. I am close by to you for support after the sale. Darren

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay- Does anyone acutally have one of these? lots of talk and nooooo action, no videos, photos of them in action, dyno results....

I would like to pull the trigger but damn we need some more info!!

Plus the "new" light weight suspenion, I'm guessing you need to by the FOX floats if you have a 08/09 MTX. so the $1000 for the new kit is more like 2500, by the time you get shocks as well!!

Typical Yamaha, build a good product but lets try to nickel and dime the people that dropped $1G-2500 more on there sleds new any other brand just to match performance...

Now I'm venting a little bit

If anyone has any experience with the PUSH install or has acutally ridden one some info would Be great!!

Thanks

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the reason these turbos cannot be used at low elevations? Seems like a nice option except for that, deal breaker for me.

Asked my dealer about that too. he said all turbos have that disclaimer. these guys give you a warranty though so they make sure they cover their A$$.

Last edited:

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is this 200HP coming from? 200HP would be nice but Push states it adds 45HP. Stock Nytro is 130ish. My math adds up to 175-180HP. The warranty part sounds really good though

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes as for Push Turbo's on a Yamaha, it's a no go! Things just didn't work out. Stay tuned though. There is another company that will introduce a losw boost kit.

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Yes we will find out soon. A new kit is being tested and tortured.-Darren

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An MCX would be the most logical, but anything endorsed by Yamaha will not be adjustable or upgradable, so I wouldnt hold my breath. I learning to be disappointed in Yamaha for these kinds of things.

Top Bottom