Pump gas Turbo

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to have a turbo on my Etec 800, but reliability is my number one concern. If I put a Pump gas turbo on and run 6 pounds of boost, will I be ok for reliability? Also what kit would you guys recommend and also I want a kit where I don't have to do any tuning. Any info would be great.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Phone Neil or TJ at Boost It in Ponoka, Alta. Great pump gas kit for the 800 etec. Local company that rides where we ride as well. 403-704-1032.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode my low boost set up on my t3 for the season and it never missed a beat and pulled hard. The only thing that stopped it was the tree I ran it into. X2 for Boost It

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to say someone different, theres been some real good reviews on the Redline kits. Also an alberta company

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Redline would have my vote, I also ran a Aerocharger one year at 5 lbs, on pump.. 6 would be a little much unless your elevation is high

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boost-it is as good as it gets best customer service from tj & Neil. they run flawless for a reason because they are out testing them just about every weekend.they ride what the build all the time & they love to ride not wrench.

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys I think I will check out boost it. They sound pretty good.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a boost it kit it worked good for the last 4 years had a few issues but it usually was operator error. service and technical advice from boost it is top notch. But the redline kit that just joined our group tho . It has only been on the snow for 2 days, it frikin rips and it is quicker than my boost it ho kit. For the two days that I've seen and rode the redline it's impressed me 100%. I think I'll be trying a redline controller on mine next season.
I know from personal experience the boost it guys stand behind their product and always always answer the phone and any questions I have had.
Turbo/fueling controlling sure has come along ways since the dobek 3 yellow lights flashing days.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the Redline kit on an 800 etec as well? The 850 Boost It kit is quicker than the 800 etec kit was in my opinion?

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Redline for sure i have a friend that has installed quite a few with good luck on them this year and has used their controler on a lot of other kits. Obviously aerocharger is allways a good option on a doo and BD works well and has the most advanced box and boost controle. Alot of guys seem to like their boost-it they use they use good turbos and have w2a and make good power. The boost-it kits probably make some of the best hp and track speed of any turbo ive rode but IMO their fuel mapping was horrible (I've only been around 3) all were reall rich in the bottem end throttle response was almost almost as bad as an old slober kit. My brother rode Neils personal cat 2 years ago and said it pulled harder then my boosted cat he was riding that day but said bottem end was the same real rick and ahitty throttle reaponse.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Redline for sure i have a friend that has installed quite a few with good luck on them this year and has used their controler on a lot of other kits. Obviously aerocharger is allways a good option on a doo and BD works well and has the most advanced box and boost controle. Alot of guys seem to like their boost-it they use they use good turbos and have w2a and make good power. The boost-it kits probably make some of the best hp and track speed of any turbo ive rode but IMO their fuel mapping was horrible (I've only been around 3) all were reall rich in the bottem end throttle response was almost almost as bad as an old slober kit. My brother rode Neils personal cat 2 years ago and said it pulled harder then my boosted cat he was riding that day but said bottem end was the same real rick and ahitty throttle reaponse.

I have got to ride allot of boost -it sleds & unless they were test sleds throttle response is always perfect.
If the 3 you were around had that issue a simple call to Neil or tj could have fixed them.
I have been around Neil's cat a bunch of times & there ain't many sleds that will run or climb with it.
I won't tell you to buy one kit or the other but call them all talk with them then make your decision.
If you want to try a boost it kits Neil & tj are in revy most weekend & will let most guys try there sleds.:beer:

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being picky but low end was very rich and seem to spool a little slower then others i have rode. I will agree on power not many other kits other then BD seem to pull as hard. The one that stood out for bad throttle response was a cat they tried to fix but next day the hose blew under the secondary clutch and made a mess.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being picky but low end was very rich and seem to spool a little slower then others i have rode. I will agree on power not many other kits other then BD seem to pull as hard. The one that stood out for bad throttle response was a cat they tried to fix but next day the hose blew under the secondary clutch and made a mess.

When your spending that much money I don't think there is such a thing as to picky,but I know if you have a boost -it kit & you can't get it to run right Neil will meet you & fix it.
I have been with him many times & he has a client's sled on the hill to make sure it's running right.
Very few companies provide that kind of service.

Top Bottom