pump gas race gas mixture info

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
hey guys, just debating av gas or mixed race fuel. i need 100 octane and was wondering how much vp and what kind of vp should i mix with 91 octane to get around 100 octane. im gonna be running a 2012 pro rmk with a silber turbo kit in revy so 6000' plus. so i was hoping for the 8-9 pounds of boost on 100 octane. if i could mix 1/3 vp with pump 91 it could be better then buying av gas. and a barrel of avgas is a pain to haul around compare to a couple cans of vp. any help would be great

impulseturboguy

Reaction score
i ran av gas last year and it made my sled run like ch!t i run c111 now and it works great mountains edge sells it by the liter of drum call phil he will hook you up.

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Do any of you guys know if you can buy av gas at the revelstoke airport? Wouldn't be too big of a pain if I just brought a bunch of Jerry cans and every second or third day or so go fill the sled and all the cans up, I searched everywhere and couldn't find if the sell it

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably pricey there. I bet it's a lot cheaper in Red Deer or Calgary.

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I just don't have the room to haul a 55gal drum in my truck plus my sled, and vp is so expensive, I worked it out that even if av gas is 1.80 a liter it's still cheaper to run that then 50/50 vp. I couldn't even find a contact number for revy airport by google search

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100LL is retailing near $2.00 a litre everywhere right now.

Also remember you are leaving from a very low elevation to get to your riding area. Just because the good riding starts at 6000' you still need to get there.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Got her figured out, right now in revy it's 1.79 a liter and they do sell to the public, and I found a web site with current av gas prices all over Canada. Makes everything a lot easier, think I'll just bring a bunch if Jerry cans and fill the with av gas right in revy. Thanks for the help

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I just don't have the room to haul a 55gal drum in my truck plus my sled, and vp is so expensive, I worked it out that even if av gas is 1.80 a liter it's still cheaper to run that then 50/50 vp. I couldn't even find a contact number for revy airport by google search
Just go to Skywings out in Springbrook...fill your jerry cans. Running all over Revy for fuel will be a pain in the butt and cut into your after hours time.

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
I think so, it says tax in. Here's the link to the site that tells you a the prices, it's for pilots I guess, the guy at revy airport said it was acurate

WesG

Reaction score
Where is everyone going in NE BC for av gas? Or is everyone mixing VP? Just getting back into the boost scene and looking for fuel.

Wes

Top Bottom