Pulse and Pieps Beacon Review...

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use the pieps and find it awesome and easy to use.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cannot find anybody in Red Deer that will sell me a pieps, I dont feel like waiting 2 weeks to get one from the states/bc. Who in Alberta distributes these for less than an arm and a leg?

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll give them a call tomorrow, you think they would ship to red deer, or would I be better off making a stop when passing through? I guess ill find out tomorrow.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use the pieps and find it awesome and easy to use.

I have one as well and I agree.

I think I paid 430 CDN from the states with shovel/prob package about two years ago.

If you can't wait, 430 is still a good deal.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cannot find anybody in Red Deer that will sell me a pieps, I dont feel like waiting 2 weeks to get one from the states/bc. Who in Alberta distributes these for less than an arm and a leg?

About 4-5 days by mail from me. You wouldn' have it this weekend but next weeken for sure.

Last edited:

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RGM is very informative, and assisted me with a couple quotes. Though I purchased mine from Echo Cycle for $500. I was having trouble finding one around here, and wanted to have it for the AST ZacTracs course in Calgary this Sunday. It's not a beacon course but maybe Lori or one of the others can give me a quick lesson on how to efficiently use it so I can practice at home.

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
Just an FYI, we are selling the Pieps and Pulse beacons and some other backcountry gear.

Work2Ride - Certainly bring your beacon to the Calgary Avy class and we'll get you on track! See you there! :)

Top Bottom