Pulling a "B" train

ROBO

Reaction score
How many of you pull your quad trailer behind your 5th wheel trailer? I had hooked up the brakes to my quad trailer behind the 5er with one brake controller meant for the 5er. The setting was too tight for the flatdeck resulting in smoked tires. What do you all do? I like the idea of having the brakes on the second trailer. Thanks!

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good question my quad trailer does not have brakes so I never had that problem. But I am thinking you could put a resistor in the second trailer brake circuit it would limit braking just a thought.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You dont need brakes on the quad trailer!
catmando!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a cheap solution but I would think the best way would to have surge brakes on the 2nd trailer. Or run 2 controlers

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a B train but do not have brakes on the quad trailer. If I was to do it I would run two controllers and install a camera on the back of the 5th so that you could keep an eye on the quad trailer tires.

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think you need brakes on the 2nd trailer, unless its a tandem axle. T'was what I was told. I believe what cumminsnorth said would solve the problem if you wanted to have them though. Me 2 pennies.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think you need brakes on the 2nd trailer, unless its a tandem axle. T'was what I was told. I believe what cumminsnorth said would solve the problem if you wanted to have them though. Me 2 pennies.

I thought the second trailer must be only single axle? :confused:

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm... I can't find anything that says you can't, just overall length and brakes might be the issue. Can anyone add to this thread?? I have a link for RVing about the brakey thing...

hope this helps....:beer:

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The breaks on the quad trailer are drum breaks right ??? COuld you just slack off the breaks on the qusd trailer so they dont lock up when you hit the breaks??? deffinitly take some fine tuning but might work.

Top Bottom