Pukeashun Mt. 2010 / 2011

Grizzly Lodge

Reaction score
Website
www.grizzlylodge.ca
Well the season has finally stated, approx 3 week later than last year but non the less its looking good now. Monday i drove out from the lodge on gravel and nearly had to chain up on Wednesday to come back up !! Broke trail to the sub alpine ( 6500 ft ) and found approx 3 ft with a soft base about 2 ft down. More snow in the forecast for saturday and sunday, will keep you posted. Cheers to all and lets have a safe season !!

Attachments

• DSCN0734.jpg
    DSCN0734.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,229
  • DSCN0733.jpg
    DSCN0733.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,227

Grizzly Lodge

Reaction score
Website
www.grizzlylodge.ca
A little cool today -29 this morning but warmed up to a crisp -18 by mid afternoon. Decided to leave the office, and head up to the OFFICE ... lol as you will see below. Some areas getting pretty wind scoured over the past few days but where protected the powder is awesome with a soft base.

Attachments

• DSCN0735.jpg
    DSCN0735.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,128
  • DSCN0737.jpg
    DSCN0737.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,124

flow2go

Reaction score
another fabulous day at grizzly lodge........where are the riders??
If nobody else wants the first tracks, then I guess we will have to make them. It is shaping up to be an incredible season! Come and enjoy:d

Attachments

• PB280441.jpg
    PB280441.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 943

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guy's have you been up top lately?? what r the conditions like? was actually thinking of punching into Lichen on wed. Whats your thoughts on that? Adam, Chris,have you guys been over that way yet? let me know if could please.

RideHigher

Reaction score
Hi Lee, its been a week since iv been in the sub alpine but estimating there is about 3.5 ft or so. I met a few guys heading up the road yesterday and appears they when't Lichen way so the trail may be broke in. Not 100 % sure though. Approx 4" new snow in the past 24 hr.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that was us up lichen, nice area never been there before but its still littered with just covered rocks. Needs a few more feet for sure. Ill definately be goin back tho, looks like alotta killer terrain to slash

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wheres the update ldog? throw us some pics or at least an update of what the day was like. Got some buds headin up there fri and would like to give him a heads up of what to expect.

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well here's the update. Snowed enough that you couldn't see your tracks anywhere. Busted our way up the creek but u had to b extremely careful as the lack of snow left lots of surprises. It was so foggy and snowing so hard that we couldn't find the cabin. We made it up top but didn't venture any further as it just wasn't worth wrecking somthing. It badly needs snow. came down early. It definately wasn't worth taking any pictures. Sorry. Not worth going back until they get another 2-3 feet. Talked to Adam when we were unloading and pokey is about the same with only about 4 feet up top. Gonna head to Blue lk. tmr. [friday] as I know they have more snow. They had 5 feet the last time I was up there.[almost 2 weeks ago now] anybody wants to go pm me or call me at 318-0759. I will b working today but leave a msg. and I will get back to u.

RideHigher

Reaction score
Have to disagree with ya there ldog, the riding on Pukeashun is prim considering its only first week in Dec. ! Yes you have to go a little slower and watch for rocks etc but even 2 weeks ago I had an absolute blast boondocking and enjoying the early season powder. Look fwd to the new snow coming this week to make conditions even better !

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't know what your disagreeing to???? The truth is, there is more snow out further to the East.....That's a fact, that's all I was referring to. Yes Pokey has great area's to ride.....No doudt but they don't have the snow depth as they do further East.

RideHigher

Reaction score
Amazing..... 30 + cm of new snow in the past 12 hrs @ 5000 ft. If your sled isn't in this photo.... YOUR MISSING OUT !

Attachments

• DSCN0747.jpg
    DSCN0747.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 684

RideHigher

Reaction score
Did some probing a couple of days ago and found a good honest 4' in most spots and closer to 5 in others. Dropped into the trees and conditions where excellent. Not much for a base but lots of fun !

Top Bottom