pros and cons perc vs. mech reverse

dirk660

Reaction score
the lever wont freeze up on a perc. thats the only thing i noticed a few times with my mechanical reverse and also perc you dont have to line the gears up if you dont stop just right. if i could have a choice i would go with perc.

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The perc will also be alot lighter than mechanical

Sent from a phone likely at work

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
more reliable less moving parts just make sure you have everything in the kit you got like the oil pump that works in both directions or you might have a few problems if you run it to long.

Jake

Reaction score
Buddy and I both have PERC on O2's. I changed the oil pump and flywheel with 03 parts from ebay, buddy did not. Neither one of us has had a problem and there was no noticable benefit changing the flywheel for the timing.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perc stalls the engine sometimes on my daughters 04. It has electric start so minor inconvenience.(by sometimes I mean once out of 15 times you use it).

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had perc reverse on my 02 and loved it. Never changed the oilpump or flywheel. Had to add a wire for the reverse light. I could only adjusted the idle when running in reverse. It seemed to idle fine in forward tho. You get the kit with the team clutch? Or without?

MTsled3

Reaction score
My sled is an 03 with mechanical reverse and my dad has an 04 with PERC. The only benefit with mechanical is it is quicker to engage reverse because you don't have to wait for the engine to restart. But with the weight it adds and the extra moving parts I'd go for the PERC any day. Just don't want to go through the hassle of swapping mine since it's on and works.

Top Bottom