Proclimb Fact Only...

Reaction score
After having the pleasure of speaking to that meat head at lac la biche motor sports myself, I'm glad you are asking for a second opinion ;)

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After having the pleasure of speaking to that meat head at lac la biche motor sports myself, I'm glad you are asking for a second opinion ;)
I can't say they were meatheads. Not at lac la biche anyways. Those guys seem to be very customer friendly and I appreciated the convo we had. They didn't try to force me into buying anything unlike most other places. If they can do what I'm asking them for my next sled, I'm definetly going to look forward to giving them my business.

chriscat1000

Reaction score
They maybe customer friendly they should know what they are talking about in the product. That shows they do not know anything about there product

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's an easy mistake if you don't measure it. I'm not going to hold them to that. I've been told worse by other dealers. At least they were nice enough to go over the sled again and straighten out the issues.

Braap

Reaction score
I'm not bias, I have had all different makes and models, I must say that I haven't been this excited about a sled since my 2008 XP, Cat nailed it just right, this sled shines in the steep and deep and I believe will set the industry moving forward once more, I also love the ditch banging suspension, I have never rode such a well rounded sled.

Great Job on the snowpro 800

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Cat bullitenThere you have it proper pdi was not carried out. So will arctic cat pay for the burn downs or are the dealers gonna have to take responsibility. Imagine, if only these dealers would have loosened their money grip a little and made it a policy that each gas tank gets half a liter regardless of fuel level to the customer at delivery. Feel for the guys that burnt down.

Stumperxxx

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I dunno how much truth there is to this but has anyone else heard that the reverse on the new 1100 will lock up the sled?? My buddy was saying cat put out a advisory for people not to use the reverse?

stangstretch

Reaction score
Yeah there's a spring that needs to be replaced. It will either work, put you in nuetral or possibly make a big mess. Best not to use reverse until the dealer has fixed :nono:

AP48379

Reaction score
whats the big deal with the frog skin peeling off? you guys scared a rock will get in the intake?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the big deal with the frog skin peeling off? you guys scared a rock will get in the intake?

Yes that's it... Lol
Water isn't very combustible. Get enough fluffy snow in your motor and it's going to stop running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

trhaus

Reaction score
hey guys i picked up my 800 pro climb yesterday and was assured by the dealer it was assembled properly. lol but i still layed her on her side for 30 min just to make sure. installed barker can and frog skin vent kit. she looks great and i cant wait for this weekend.

death by wrench

Reaction score
2012 M8 Pro Climb 153 mbrp can 173 horse.....Great power once things are dialed in....change the skis and this thing is bad arse!
So I have spent many hours searching for "real problems" with this chasis.....sadly i have yet to see any of the problems that we in alaska are being plagued with....

so here goes...

First off make sure that you do like every one on here says, lean it over on its side to move the air bubbles. Don't forget to add oil to your first tank.
with my next issues consider how your altitude affects your horse power before going over board. I happen to be climbing from 0 to 3500 ft max, i.e. I am getting full factory hp.

Now - check your jack shaft nut in the chain case, most all the nuts are loose and allowing the shaft to move and toast belts like nobodys business. Belt life has been terrible for every owner I have known or heard of.
Consider removing the cowling and putting silicone on ALL and I do mean all of the seams for the air box, In deep pow this thing suck in the snow magically and well then the bog really starts.

Next BIG issue is full clutch movement on the secondary. A slight mod to the helix will fix everything....i.e. grinding. Many people were having issues with the cluch fully closing and opening causing broken rollers and more importantly marking up the the helix as it leaves huge gouge marks and over heats....and of course lacking in top end and propper back shifts.

Also consider adding 3 frog skin pieces in your air box....1 between your cowl and nose cone....the other 2 at the seal where your air intakes go into your cowl.....

Also consider siliconeing around your "tub" joints i.e. a-arm and stearing rubbers, and all plastic pieces that mount to the aluminum tub. I swear this thing swallows more snow than it rides over.....

and last but definatly not least - engine mount on the right side....that f n rubber is stupid soft - again causing belt issues due to flexing - so this mount needs to change to a harder rubber and right now my dealer is working on one for me right now

Cat4Ever

Reaction score
My son's 2012 M8 ran awesome the first weekend, then this last trip would only pull 7000 rpm.Pulled it apart and found that the rollers in the secondary were completely gone.

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a new post (took an hour to read through the other one, and told me very little).

Let's answer the questions:

-If you have had a Failure and you have heard back as to what it is. Please share. (No I saw one being towed blah blah blah)

-Dealers/Techs- Has Arctic Cat Issued Service Notifications?- The Official website says nothing.

We are all riders of a passion and regardless of brand I want to see every sled turn its own track onto the truck/trailer at the end of the day!

(Plus I'm nervous about my new 8 that's being built next week:sadbanana:)

Out of our riding crew 6 PC 800's
3 running great
1 stator failure, loose bolt found in the stator??? Not cool, but it has been running great ever since.
1 Primary clutch failure
1 Primary Clutch Failure and Cold Seize.(Improper Dealer setup)
1 Cold Seize (Improper Dealer setup) Same Dealer

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 4 new PC 800's two of them have over 1000miles on them already and one has blown one belt and the other has blown two belts. The third of th bunch has not blown a belt but has broken the rollers in the secondary clutch once. The forth one my personal ride hasnt blown a belt either, but the shop has so crazy busy this season mine only has 3.1miles onit.. LOL.:beer:

All in all they have been good machines so far.

dirty_duramax

Reaction score
2012 M8 Pro Climb 153 mbrp can 173 horse.....Great power once things are dialed in....change the skis and this thing is bad arse!So I have spent many hours searching for "real problems" with this chasis.....sadly i have yet to see any of the problems that we in alaska are being plagued with....so here goes...First off make sure that you do like every one on here says, lean it over on its side to move the air bubbles. Don't forget to add oil to your first tank. with my next issues consider how your altitude affects your horse power before going over board. I happen to be climbing from 0 to 3500 ft max, i.e. I am getting full factory hp.Now - check your jack shaft nut in the chain case, most all the nuts are loose and allowing the shaft to move and toast belts like nobodys business. Belt life has been terrible for every owner I have known or heard of. Consider removing the cowling and putting silicone on ALL and I do mean all of the seams for the air box, In deep pow this thing suck in the snow magically and well then the bog really starts.Next BIG issue is full clutch movement on the secondary. A slight mod to the helix will fix everything....i.e. grinding. Many people were having issues with the cluch fully closing and opening causing broken rollers and more importantly marking up the the helix as it leaves huge gouge marks and over heats....and of course lacking in top end and propper back shifts. Also consider adding 3 frog skin pieces in your air box....1 between your cowl and nose cone....the other 2 at the seal where your air intakes go into your cowl.....Also consider siliconeing around your "tub" joints i.e. a-arm and stearing rubbers, and all plastic pieces that mount to the aluminum tub. I swear this thing swallows more snow than it rides over.....and last but definatly not least - engine mount on the right side....that f n rubber is stupid soft - again causing belt issues due to flexing - so this mount needs to change to a harder rubber and right now my dealer is working on one for me right now
I have heard of similar problems, any developments?What type of grinding of the helix? The jackshaft nut has a lock on it... So are these nuts installed one or 2 notches loose?Have you seen the strap guys are using to stop motor movement? From the belly pan frame to the stiffener plate? I see my stiffener plate has been rubbing on the chassis support frame directly beside it.

PROCLIMB

Reaction score
mine was rolled over lightly today and after that it was a bitch to pull over and when put it reverse it doesnt fire back up it just shuts off, has anyone else had this prob and can u help me

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of our riding crew 6 PC 800's
3 running great
1 stator failure, loose bolt found in the stator??? Not cool, but it has been running great ever since.
1 Primary clutch failure
1 Primary Clutch Failure and Cold Seize.(Improper Dealer setup)
1 Cold Seize (Improper Dealer setup) Same Dealer

A cold seize isn't a dealer fault. That's the owners fault of not letting it idle long enough, and the pistons expanded faster than the cylinders could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom