Proclimb Fact Only...

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a new post (took an hour to read through the other one, and told me very little).

Let's answer the questions:

-If you have had a Failure and you have heard back as to what it is. Please share. (No I saw one being towed blah blah blah)

-Dealers/Techs- Has Arctic Cat Issued Service Notifications?- The Official website says nothing.

We are all riders of a passion and regardless of brand I want to see every sled turn its own track onto the truck/trailer at the end of the day!

(Plus I'm nervous about my new 8 that's being built next week:sadbanana:)

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, there have been failures. what i know for sure is there have been air bubbles in the oil line. to remedy you tip your sled clutch side down, for at least 10 mins. the bubble will go into tank. oil pump setting need to be checked at WOT. havent seen or heard of any rivet pins but there is a bulletin. as with any sled, do your own due dillagence, check for leaks and air bubbles. make sure your first tank is mixed, easier to change plugs then a top end. if you have any concerns, contact your dealer. see what they can do. id pay for an hour labour to have a jouneyman do a check. peace of mind is worth it

lcoop

Reaction score
I am heading out for weekend number 2 on my Proclimb M8 days 4 and 5. I did post on the last thread, but there is a tonne of crap to sort through. My issues so far: 1.) Frog skin vents on bottom of intake tube are peeling off. I have glued them back on with epoxy. Hopefully it holds when cold. My dealer said that cat knows this is an issue and the company that makes the vents for them is working on a new design, but they are backed up in production. 2.) Make sure side panels are properly done up. Mine were not done up properly from the dealership. I figured that out before riding. 3.) We had very deep first 3 days. There is a large vent hole in the exhausts side panel that lets in a tonne of snow. Basically that whole side was packed with snow. I think the vent kit will seal up that hole. I haven't got my vent kit yet. 4.) The cover / tarp didn't make it 45 min from home on the highway. The stitching came undone and it blew apart. Waiting to see if it is warranty.

These are all minor issues that will be fixed. By day three I was used to the way it turned, sidehilled and floated through the deep bottomless pow. I think anyone who has a new proclimb will be happy. I spent some time on a Pro last year and really liked it. I had a hard time deciding to stay with Cat and a kick a** dealership or get a proven Pro with a less than stellar dealership. I think I made the right choice if the cat continues to stay together. Vid from last weekend: Sledding Nov. 13, 2011 - YouTube

lcoop

Reaction score
Well....... My m8 runs good. Can't say the same with my buddies brand new proclimb m8. Not even 1 k from the parking lot the motor seized. It was a cooling issue. Motor locked up and coolant pissed out the cap. No circulation to the coolers. My sled was melting snow and his sled's coolers were cold and covered in ice. My guess is it is the water pump. The dealer has assured us the motor will be Warrenty. Just a crappy way to start a sled weekend.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice Vid Icoop. 2 bad for your buddy. If coolers were cold could of had a airlock from new, that is usually a sign when coolers are cold.
Some say the Proclimb is a dog in the powder i think thay need to watch your vid. Enjoy your sled and the pow.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a fact that I didn't realize, still not sure if I believe it, so u guys can sort thru your opinions, but, I just left lac la biche motorsports, and was told the tunnels are the same length on all the proclimb chasis'... So, of this is true, Im taking a black m8 50th next week. What do u guys think? Same length or is there a difference? I want a 162"

Going West

Reaction score
I am 100% positive that the tunnels are longer on the 162's. I have a 153 that Im converting to 162 and have ordered the longer back half of the tunnel.

DonKiddic

Reaction score
Not sure about the Proclimb chassis, but on the older style the 153" HCR had the longer tunnel, where the regular M and the snopro 153's were shorter.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to actually get some measurements, pretty much the only way to find out. Anyone that has a 162 or a 153, of it's not too much to ask could ya measure the tunnel? Like, say from where the back part of the tunnel is rivetted onto the front part, from there to the end? If you know what I mean lol

Shanerd

Reaction score
I'd like to actually get some measurements, pretty much the only way to find out. Anyone that has a 162 or a 153, of it's not too much to ask could ya measure the tunnel? Like, say from where the back part of the tunnel is rivetted onto the front part, from there to the end? If you know what I mean lol

I have a 162 and it is 46 inches from top front of rivets to top back where mud flap attaches...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can positively tell you that the 162 tunnel is 4.5" longer than a 153 tunnel. I have both 153's and 162 2012 M8's sitting at the shop and i just went back and measured both myself. And yes the 162 is longer.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. That sums up that then. I didn't believe it myself either but I wanted to so bad!! Haha. I think I'm pickin up the black m8 50th next week. Just gotta sort out what I wanna do about the skid.

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode our two new Proclimb M8s yesterday and they ran flawlesly!!

I have rode a doo (rev) for a long time and loved it. So when I switched sides this year I had my concerns, and then reading some of the post out there I got down right scared.

So for those of you still waiting to ride your new proclimbs I post this, I LOVE MY NEW SLED!!

We put on just over 80kms and both sleds ran great all day long, belts stayed cool and the engines ran smooth.

Along the trail the sleds were responsive and handled well, in less than great conditions. (but you don't really care about the trail do you) When we got to some more open meadows the carving began!:D This sled is awesome, it responds smoothly with very little rider input. (the first ten minutes in the meadow were spent on my side) We were in about 5' of snow with very little base, and the sleds floated up on top nicely. When I burned to tight of a nut and dug it in, all I had to do is get it back on its track and punch it. Popped up on top every time.

The things I did to the sleds before the first ride:
-Tip sled on left side for an hour in case of any air bubbles in oil line.
-Remove side panels and hood. Hood removal is more user friendly than it appers (stupid little torques screws excluded)
-Check airbox for debris
-Remove and install drive belt (I like the first time to be somewhere warm) this is also a good idea when changing your belt on a new sled for the first time.;)
-Air intake. It is a easy fix, get some good glue and stick the fabric down. (both sleds had this issue)
-I removed all the foam near the primary clutch for more air flow. (you are going to end up doing it the first time you change a belt anyway)
-I also add a little oil to the gas tank

If you have concerns contact your dealer, if they are anything like ours they will be more than helpful and give you useful information!!:cool:

Last edited:

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few pics of the little woman;

PB191173.JPG PB191170.jpg PB191163.jpg

Top Bottom