proclimb 800

catgod

Reaction score
buddy bought a new 800, finally seen it out on the hill today and that thing hauls !
was out with turbo m8, only runnin 5 pounds of boost but still, it was on its ass all day long :p
only down side is the proclimbs gone through 2 belts in the first 150 miles

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did your buddy install a screen on the side panel on the clutch side? He should look into that. To me that hole in the side cover sucks in powder snow, just like when I added side vents on my mod sled.

catgod

Reaction score
He ordered the vented panel kit, should be here in about a week or so he said. Hed pull a hill, an his clutch would get too hot to touch. 2011 poo pro pulled the same hill and the clutch was still cool , although the cat outclimbed it considerably;)

catgod

Reaction score
Oh, and cat actually doesnt have any belts available. So he found one that kinda fits, and just uses the crap on to ride back down the mountain at the end of the day :/

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any luck with the belt issue? Just talking to my friend with HCR proclimb 800...he's on belt 3 @ around 150miles. He said his clutches are super hot...he's stripped out all his foam but I don't think has a vent kit on yet. Has anyone had to adjust alignment? Told him i would see if there was anything on here. Thx

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if its making heat like that there either not aligned or belt slippage is a problem maby needs to be geared down

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its out climbing the Poo pretty bad then its probably not bad calibration. Either there is snow getting on the belt or they are poor quality belts.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure he washes the belts and breaks them in and if you can clean the clutches after a belt goes. The clutch being hot is because the belt is slipping good luck tho

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Changing a belt on that thing looks like a nightmare! I checked it out last week, crazy! One fella I spoke with runs a rental fleet with new ProClimbs, he said he hated changing a belt in the shop, he would hate to see someone change one on the mountain.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I changed my belt on my proclimb easier than I could on my M series. Only reason I had to change my belt is because I completely forgot to make the first adjustment after break in so it began to fray (140 miles later)
I think my belt deflection was at 1 foot lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zonker892

Reaction score
Make sure he washes the belts and breaks them in and if you can clean the clutches after a belt goes. The clutch being hot is because the belt is slipping good luck tho

What does washing the belt do? what do you wash it with? is that just for new belts?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can use any dish soap to wash the belt. It removes the oily film from the new belt.

saskcat

Reaction score
225 miles on 800 proclimb and no problems whatsoever. Checked clutches and seem pretty cool.

Top Bottom