Processed cheese slices

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does any one know just how long these things last for in the fridge? I have some in my fridge i swear have been there for a year and they look as good as the day they went in.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does any one know just how long these things last for in the fridge? I have some in my fridge i swear have been there for a year and they look as good as the day they went in.

I'm pretty sure plastic doesn't rot.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well when you unrap it dose its crumble up or is it still kinda soft ?? or has it finaly turned in to plastice..... I thought it was cheesewiz that was one molacule away from plastice ?

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pitch it in the trash... your health is the most important thing...:twocents: been to the liquor control board when they dump expired beer and some looks pretty good, but i guess it's not, too bad:beer::beer:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have some milk that has turned to cottage cheese. Would you like me to send it over???:)

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have some milk that has turned to cottage cheese. Would you like me to send it over???:)

That's how chocolate milk is made.......Milk that has passed it's expiration date before being sold is returned back to the processing plant and from there turned into chocolate milk and couple other products.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you serious about the chocolate milk?

A roughneck that I used to work with worked at Manco before coming to the rigs. He didn't go into grave details but mentioned some of the expired milk will get re-processed. MMMM ice cream, cottage cheese, sour cream, butter. Did a google search but couldn't come up with much for answers

Flick

Reaction score
Haha that's kinda gross. Well at least it tastes good. Ironically I was drinking chocolate milk when I first read that.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's really gross. My husband came home one day with cheese slices. I completely blew a gasket. He wanted to put them on Hamburgers. The kids were grossed out and wouldn't eat them. He also introduced the kids to white bread which they never new existed untill he brought good old wonder bread home. I try to cook everything from scratch or buy real foods not edible food like substances (cheeze wiz)

Last edited:

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We left a loaf of wonder bread sitting on the counter in our camper last season , so it sat all winter and into the spring we had a look ......Not one speck of mold on it !! Good old WONDER BREAD ............Make you WONDER , what the hell is in WONDER BREAD .....
haha, needless to say we had purchased it at the last minute at the Mac's store so who knows how long it had been there too..........Gotta love it !! Chemical preservation ......

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what happens when you leave sour cream out..does it go good?lol..hey they make pennicillin out of the green stuff growing on the top.mmmmmm:d:eek:

Flick

Reaction score
Haha sour cream does go bad believe it or not, it goes throught homogenization and when it goes old that starts to seperate, first gets a liquidy layer and it starts to break up.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm!!!! Chez Whiz. I love Chez Whiz with raspberry jam on toast, but sadly I have not been able to enjoy this delicacy since I have been married (long time) since my wife will not allow Chez Whiz within 10 blocks of our house:(. Nothing but good wholesome food and lots of red wine in our house LOL

Billy Boy:cool:

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's how chocolate milk is made.......Milk that has passed it's expiration date before being sold is returned back to the processing plant and from there turned into chocolate milk and couple other products.

One day past the expiration date is essentially still a good product. It's more of a liability thing, so stores have to take the product off the shelf.

Also, if you see some milk on a store shelf that is past the expiration day, it goes straight to the garbage behind the store.
It is only (one day expired) milk that was not shipped out of the dairy facilty that is used in the making of other dairy products.

It seems gross, but the milk, even one day past expiration is still a good product. :d

When grocery stores get cheese slices, they don't come cold! It's so heavily preserved that they don't even need to be placed in the fridge... although most grocery stores do place them in the fridge section to provide the illusion that they are "real" dairy. LOL
The things you learn working in the grocery sector.;) :confused:

Top Bottom