problems

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there anything else i can do to make it better and wont cost anything i might cut off about an inch of my sno flap becuase when i put it in reverse the flap gets caught under the paddles and soon its going to pull out the rivets is this a good idea.:confused:

i used to have a 600 not enough power must have 800!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe 09 600 130hp snw x model siiiiiiick................

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There isn't much that can be done without spending at least a little bit of money. Like the other guys said, make sure that the carbs and clutches are clean, and play with the suspension to get it set up for you. After that, start looking at spending some money. At that point, the options are endless.

Sumit 600 HO

Reaction score
i am a new rider ive only been up the mountian 6 times but im really good at it if u saw me u would think ive been riding for 3 years:d:d:d:d

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've got the same type of sled, a 600 HO SDI but it's an '07. It works really well, most guys don't know it isn't a 800 when I'm riding with them until I tell them. I've kept mine stock except the mbrp can. I wouldn't say that it helped much with power, but it sure sounds better.
I've blew up an engine at about 4300km, but I got it warrentied and now she rips again. I just had to replace fuel sensor too, but no other problems at all, and I certainly don't baby it. It gets rolled at least once a trip...
But, even with saying that, I'm in the market for a new 800 XP. It would cost a lot more to make up that extra 200cc with after market stuff, than it is to buy the more powerful sled to begin with.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cut the rear flap off 1/2 way. I have done it to all my sleds.
You can really wake that sled up with some clutch changes but the first step would be to clean everything up. See if the jetting is still stock and drop it down at least one size if it is. Every brand machine comes from the factory set to run fat so there is less warranty issues. Check belt, if worn bad replace it. If you have not had the sled long, new plugs never hurt, but usually not required, but check the gap. You don't know what someone else has done. The biggest issues with a 600 is people forget they are 600's and start changing everything to see if they can keep up to the big sleds and in the end they just F.... everything up on them. You need to make sure the previous owner did not do this

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am a new rider ive only been up the mountian 6 times but im really good at it if u saw me u would think ive been riding for 3 years:d:d:d:d

i have been riding for 9 years and and if you saw me you would think i have only been out 6 times

Top Bottom