Pro RMKs. Built too light.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the pipe from my Pro. The exhaust bung busted off, it's for the pipe sensor.
Not the first time this happens. Pipe material too light.
So now I'm looking for a spare 2011 or 2012 pipe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 765

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happened to a buddy of mine this year as well. He just got the guys a Powerhouse Customs in Revy to weld the bung back on. They had to trim the heat shield a bit to do it but they only charged him $20!

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I blew mine out last year too.

Road 2 more days like this lol. Now I put some gussets on the bung. will just blow apart somewhere else now. I also have a spare now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had mine blow out twice now. I've cut the cover off and re-welded the bung and an extra washer over top and heat wrapped my pipe.
I beleive the heat sheild eventually gets sloppy from bouncing around on the pipe and hammer's out the insulation, then bounce's off the bung, eventually fatiging it enough it cracks and blows out. Stock pipe's are actually preferred for boost'd sleds as they are thicker then most aftermarket pipes.

lorne1176

Reaction score
I've had mine blow out twice now. I've cut the cover off and re-welded the bung and an extra washer over top and heat wrapped my pipe.
I beleive the heat sheild eventually gets sloppy from bouncing around on the pipe and hammer's out the insulation, then bounce's off the bung, eventually fatiging it enough it cracks and blows out. Stock pipe's are actually preferred for boost'd sleds as they are thicker then most aftermarket pipes.

Just gotta turn turn down the boost from insane to crazy......

TUFFPOLARIS

Reaction score
I know a guy who has a brand new stock pipe for sale. PM me for more details if your interested.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I bought myself some header wrap. Got both pipes welded and will take the crappy shield off and wrap her up try one out.
Sure will be less rattling under the hood.

Thanks everyone for their reply.

Top Bottom