Pro Rmk

boots1031

Reaction score
just switched over from doo, and picked up a 2013 pro rmk 155. the sled pulls pretty hard off the line but feels a little flat mid range.. I was just wondering if that will go away after the sled is broken in? or should I look at doing some clutching to it? right now it has about 120miles on it

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run it with good fuel and make sure it's in non-ethanol mode. I didn't notice much power difference from brand new to after break in. The pro isn't really known for ripping your arms out of your sockets but it works good in deep fluffy snow. I'm running the carls cycle clutch kit and it definitely improved a lot over stock in terms of shifting and creating less belt heat. You won't gain track speed out of it but for on/off throttle in the trees it's very noticeable. Oh yeah keep an eye on your sprocket bolts on your quickdrive. They need to be torqued to 45 ft/lbs.

boots1031

Reaction score
i only run 91 octane in my sleds, and I did make the switch to non ethanol mode after i burnt the first tank.. I was hoping that the flat spot would go away but i guess not, thats the only thing i dont like about the sled.. looks like ill be getting a clutch kit at the very least, or the SLP stage 3 kit

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a Power Addiction Head on it and it will wake up your Mid range

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutching will take it away. I like mine with higher engagement, steep up shift and a fast back shift. Green pink, 64gr, 62/42 helix stock spring. I am 190lbs plus gear, 155 2012

96sherm

Reaction score
just switched over from doo, and picked up a 2013 pro rmk 155. the sled pulls pretty hard off the line but feels a little flat mid range.. I was just wondering if that will go away after the sled is broken in? or should I look at doing some clutching to it? right now it has about 120miles on it

If you're coming from an Etec, I think you're just noticing the difference in motors. I've talked to a few guys who have said the Etec's power is almost 4-stroke-ish in its smooth even power, where the Polaris motor is "old school" two stroke feeling of hit you hard in the beginning, then turn around and nail you again in the end, completely flat in the midrange. Playing with clutching will definitely change the feeling and move the power around in the RPM curve. I tried some MTX weights, they have a more agressive arc than the Polaris factory arms. I find that those, with a blue/pink primary spring and factory black secondary is a nice combination.

Top Bottom