Pro rmk airbox

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally guys, You will hinder the engines ability to take in air. The carbs are designed to pull air from the sides and in as well as from the front. Hard to explain without pictures. On turbo applications where air is forced in not a problem. I do believe in pulling the air horns out and increasing the amount of surface on the hood to pull air from. When snow covers the hood on these sleds I find them to be very restrictive unless more surface is exposed to the air box. I can't remember who it was but he had a booth at the snow show in Edmonton, I believe he was the one who told me that air moves smoothly from the edges of the carb as well as the front. By putting a snorkel on the front of the carb you are forcing it to draw air straight into it causing less flow.

polarboy

Reaction score
and did you drill the holes in the air box baffle?. not sure why bikeman would waste their time trying to sell this.
Yes pulled the funnels and drilled a few holes. I heard there was an issue for these engines starving for air at high altitudes so why not solve the problem at home before hittin' the hills

Top Bottom