Pro Rmk 800 155"

Bubba06

Reaction score
Just had my new pro out and was having issues with it heating up. It was the first ride, with the oil added to the gas. It would get over 170 degrees . Burp the throttle some and it would cool down to 125. Not sure if it was because of the throttle increase or just luck that it would cool at that time. It was not air locked because if you piled snow on the tunnel it would cool down some. I was riding with another pro, last year model and he was running at 125 degrees all day. Dealer said there was no way it would be the thermostat. Just wondering if this had something to do with break in timing or something like that. I have put on a mbrp can and that's all. Any info or related info would be good.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u could put all the snow u want on the tunnel won't cool it down because the heat exchanger is up front not under the tunnel at the rear...When u say hitting 170 what kinda riding...I took my Assault this weekend for it's 1st ride and i had about 1 liter of oil in the gas tank...Sled stayed at 123-127 max when in any amount of snow,but when i hit the trail it would jump up to 150+ so i pulled over and put 1 scratcher down and within 1min she was back down to 125....My sled is all stock,i was gonna put a can on but i really enjoy the sled as it is.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RUDY, not being rude (no pun intended) but you are mistaken. The Pro has no front cooler, only the tunnel coolers.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bubba06, was it hitting 170 on the trails only or all the time ? Did you have your scratchers down any time you were on set up snow ?

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get mine up to the 170s on the trails too as long as once your in the snow it drops back down your fine. dont have to worry until the temperature light comes on. but if its getting hot fast check the brakes arnt sticking on a little bit as mine does this after beeing locked on in a humid cold trailer overnight and they have to heat up and pump the brakes to get them to fully release.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Redlineryan, is the 170 with scratchers down ? One trip into Allan Ck., my Pro never got over 127 with scratchers and my buddy's Pro hit 170 with scratchers. Only diff between them is my sled has an IQ snowflap and his has the Pro ported flap. At the cabin, his tunnel was almost dry on the underside and mine had a significant build-up of slush.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Redlineryan, is the 170 with scratchers down ? One trip into Allan Ck., my Pro never got over 127 with scratchers and my buddy's Pro hit 170 with scratchers. Only diff between them is my sled has an IQ snowflap and his has the Pro ported flap. At the cabin, his tunnel was almost dry on the underside and mine had a significant build-up of slush.

170 with no scratchers down as i have destroyed my scratchers backing onto the trailer to many times. Gotta blip the throttle more on the trail up if its a scarce trail to because if you ride like a goon just coasting mid range the whole way up and never crank on it youll never get any snow to the coolers.

pehmanndragon

Reaction score
170 is a little warm I would take it back to dealer, also if you on packed snow make sure those's scratchers are down just rode 70 miles on hard packed road ride ( just because there is no frickin snow too play on yet) and I had scratchers down the whole time and never got over 130. She heatin up with scratchers down take her back theres something not right. 003.jpg

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He already stated his scratchers are fubared. That's the first thing he'll have to fix to drop temps on the trail.

400hp

Reaction score
ride it and let it blow up!! warranty!! joking!!!! also add ski scratchers or drop down scratchers under the foot wells...they work 10 times better

Last edited:

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
remember 170 isnt going to hurt the engine at all polaris is the coolest running engine around lots of other brands the thermostats dont open until 155+. once you see the temp light come on then find somethin to cool it down but running at 170 isnt going to do anything. engines can take some heat and the coolant wont boil or deteriorate until over 212. my street bike runs at 210F all day long, the diesel 193F. just dont go from 170+ to 125 in an instant is what i try to do when the trail is ending i try to grab patches of powder on the sides to slowly bring it down so when you hit the top and its just fresh its around 135-140 if you jump right into deep powder at 180 your gunna see the temp drop faster then you can blink and you could cause some scuffing. Ride it harder if you want it cooler!

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blipping the throttle will add gas to the cylinders and help cool it down some, see this all the time on the egt gage on the wife's 600. For sure need the scratchers down on the trail if the snow is low.

Bubba06

Reaction score
Thanks guys, all trail riding was done with scratchers down, and the 2011 that I was riding with was on the exact same conditions as I was. The dealer said the same as redline, ride it until the high temp light comes on, it will not show any codes until 190. I was not riding at very high rpm either for most of the time.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Golden this weekend for 3 days and temp on trail was at 125 to 127 once we slowed down going up the moguled single lane stuff i saw as high as 141 This engine had 0 miles when i took it there Now has around 140ish miles.

All ran good. Love this new frame. Beats the hell out of the waterbuffalo i ran last year.

Top Bottom