Pro puking fuel

01Sharp

Reaction score
Went to Hassler yesterday with a buddy. He rides a 2012 pro, after lunch he smelled fuel under the hood. Open the hood up and there is fuel everywhere! Can't see where its leaking and only seems to leak while running. He used over 50 litres of fuel to get back to the parking lot. In fact I followed him out and smelled fuel from 80 feet behind him.

Anyone ever had this happen? Need some advice on what to look at, anything would help.

Thanks

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fuel rail that holds the injectors has come loose. pull the 2 bolts out,locktite [blue] them and put them back in. check that the o-rings are in good shape or preferably replace them.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Hassler yesterday with a buddy. He rides a 2012 pro, after lunch he smelled fuel under the hood. Open the hood up and there is fuel everywhere! Can't see where its leaking and only seems to leak while running. He used over 50 litres of fuel to get back to the parking lot. In fact I followed him out and smelled fuel from 80 feet behind him.

Anyone ever had this happen? Need some advice on what to look at, anything would help.

Thanks

cant believe leakn that much fuel that u chanced ridn it back. Wow. Sounds maybe a hose rubbed thro. Start at front of fuel tank and look for leaks

01Sharp

Reaction score
Normally we wouldn't have chanced burning it out, but we were WAY back there. We didn't feel that we could pull it out with my sled or without getting a free chopper T shirt. We idled the sled and could not see where the fuel was leaking....so I don't know what to think.

Thanks for the input

Top Bottom