Pro Primary Clutching

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All just looking for your experience with primary clutch springs. I have found the stock setup to be decent but I recently added a MTNTK drop in kit and would now like to see what I can do with the clutching. I have read many recommendations to use the slp blue/pink. Any issues with the higher engagement rpm? We ride the trees mainly so would lower engagement rpm make more sense? Appreciate your thoughts.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the slp setup for 3 to 10000 feet is good. i bought kurts clutching this season and im thinking its a better setup. for a mostly stock sled im loving it.

Sent from my rk312x using Tapatalk

Prototype

Reaction score
I found the SLP blue/pink too high of engagement for the trees. Try Black/Pink 120/340. Or Black/Red 120/320 for less peak RPM.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I switched from a blue/pink to black/pink aswell, like it better for lower engagement.

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All just looking for your experience with primary clutch springs. I have found the stock setup to be decent but I recently added a MTNTK drop in kit and would now like to see what I can do with the clutching. I have read many recommendations to use the slp blue/pink. Any issues with the higher engagement rpm? We ride the trees mainly so would lower engagement rpm make more sense? Appreciate your thoughts.
Your stock spring on that sled is a 140/330, the blue/pink is a 140/340. So engagement would be the same as stock spring, blue/pink would give you a little higher finish rpm.
But a lower engagement is nicer in the trees, so as said you could try a lower rate spring, just don't want to go to low or it will become sluggish.
First number is engagement, second number is finish rpm. Rule of thumb each 10 on the spring = 100 rpm.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just remember that slp and polaris rate the springs at different spring heights so its not exactly a direct crossover.

Polaris rating at 2.5"/1.19" (140/330), SLP rating at 2.5"/1.25" (140/340).

Top Bottom