Pro hard to start when cold

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled has 300 km on it now but when it is cold it is a pig to start? It was - 10 the other morning and I could barely pull the thing over,took about a dozen pulls before it started.anyone else find the same?

gasgod

Reaction score
mines a real bear when it 20 below, but it catchs 2nd or 3rd pull, id power out if it took a dozen

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i dont know if it will work for yor pro or not but on my cat when its cold, i do one really slow pull to the very end of the recoil then pll it over regularly, seems to make it a little easier to yank on after that

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya on the first pull pull the rope all the way out slowly to free everything up. then the sled should start in 2 more pulls. Make sure your throttle cable freeplay is tight enough or the sled will throw the saftey switch. have seen this quite abit. seems to take guys alot of pulls to get the sled started. tighten the throttle cable and they start in a couple pulls.

iqrpoo

Reaction score
speeder, are you using ves gold? It's expensive but it makes cold starts easy peasy

Studder

Reaction score
Yea, that "cold" 1st pull or two is a hard pull. Thats fairly normal for these new tight machines. Mine always starts on the 4th to 6th pull at -25- -30 though.

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys,I was just concerned it may have been a bigger prob.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 700 dragon is the same -20 can't start it murmirators cousin said it pulls as hard as his 1000 skidoo need a heater to warm it up specially after driving in -20 to staging area

saskguy

Reaction score
compared to my 09 assault and my cat i figured my pro assault was a breeze to start lol, mind you my 09 was likely hard to start cuz it was always blowed up :eek: ha ha, sure am loving this 11 though my favorite sled in a long time and running like a top

rockydaug

Reaction score
Try this guys, if you get a chance, after a day of riding, shut unit off, go have supper or a beer or both(wait a couple of hours). start unit let run a minute or so, don't touch the throttle, just let it idle, shut it off and walk away. the next day it's amazing how easy it is to pull over. just something I found.;):beer:

Top Bottom