Primary weights

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the trick to getting the set screws broke loose to remove the clutch weighs? What is the stock weights mine say 773/85 on them. Not sure if they are 73g or 85g.

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use a small propane torch to heat the weight/set screw so that it'll release the loctite. What sled is it?

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1100t. Thanks Glenn I got it needed more heat then the bolt was locktited to the weight also. Weighed it and they are 85 grams. Going to give ken a call in the am to get heavier ones.

bathtub28

Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread , but can anyone help with what the low ele. clutching is for an M8 HCR ? Build sheet says its set up for 6000 + ft. And the 0- 4000 ele. requires a 42/40 heli with 75 G weights . Anyone had to do this and is that all that's required ? No new spring , etc ?

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had really good luck with just going to a heavier weight and putting shockwave helix on the secondary, benifit of this is the on the spot adjustability. i am riding 3000ft and up. usually no higher then 8000ft

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1100t. Thanks Glenn I got it needed more heat then the bolt was locktited to the weight also. Weighed it and they are 85 grams. Going to give ken a call in the am to get heavier ones.

I put Mds weights in mine last week and they seem to work really well. Not sluggish in the midrange at all. Talk to steve at Mds and he will set you up with what you need.

Evil Revo

Reaction score
Use a small propane torch to heat the weight/set screw so that it'll release the loctite. What sled is it?

Exactly!! A little heat. If you don't use heat it is so easy to strip the head out of the set screw.
MDS weights work excellent!

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put Mds weights in mine last week and they seem to work really well. Not sluggish in the midrange at all. Talk to steve at Mds and he will set you up with what you need.

Did you have daltons in yours prior to the mds? I think I might try the cpc turbo mag. Supposed to load harder with less weight.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I had A/C weights with 3 extra grams welded to the inside of the weight. Together with the A/C purple spring. This worked pretty good but the top rpm started to fluctuate a bit.

Top Bottom