Primary Spring Blown

jockdoc

Reaction score
So, popped the primary clutch spring on my T-Pro. I'm running a MTNTK turbo at about 8lbs of boost. I took it into the boys at CW Foothills, and they found it was broke, which I'm grateful for. I didn't even know, it just seemed to engage "early". Anyway, I've never broke one of these things. My question is: Is this a common issue? Should a guy have one on hand as a spare? 12 years of sledding and I've never had one break.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty common issue. I always carry a spare with me. Usually go through one or two a year. If you are really worried about it run a titanium spring, but I've found the spring rates with them to be inconsistent.

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
Ive broke quite a few on my turbo pro. Came across this miracle product that fixed all my problems. There glide ride washers from thunderproducts. They claim the primary springs are breaking due to the high doring rates and causing the spring to bind and expand instead of compress like it was designed to. After 4 broken primary springs in 1000miles i put these washers in and boom no more broken springs. Best 15 bucks ive ever spent

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got them in stock. Also we have an up grade for the primary spring in the Mtntk kit now.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Chris. Do you carry a white with red stripe primary spring?

Top Bottom