Primary Clutch Removal Help!

twistedwrist

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has pulled off a primary clutch after the spider has broken and the front and rear sides can now spin seperately, i have a clutch puller and am wondering how to stop the back plate from spinning in order to tighten up the clutch puller. Any ideas would be awesome! oh ya and its on the top of a mountain so tools are limited to what i can pack in on another sled and is hand powered. Any help would be good. Thanks.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try rapping a tie down around it. Carefully rap it around the back half but rap it in a way that it tightens as you turn. You will get it I had to do it once.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take secondary off and put a old belt around primary and secondary shaft then take a pair of vice grips and grip as close as you can get on the primary when you put pressure on the belt it hold tight

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old trick take out a spark plug and stick a rag in the hole and turn the engine over until top dead centre and it wil stop it from turning. It does work then turn the engine backwards when done and then take the rag out.

Top Bottom