Primary BRP rebuild Kit

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just rebuilt my primary on my 09 because my primary sliding bushing was almost out of spec. BRP now has a kit to replace ALL wear items in the primary for about 140 bucks, Rollers, sliding bushing, new spring cover, buttons and o-rings, new arm pins.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wtf do the dealers all know this.... just got most of those parts and was way more than that....

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but here is the p/N 415129626, my dealer said buying these parts this way is about 70% cheaper.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
BIKEMAN MAKES COMPLETE PRIMARY CLUTCH KITS WITH THE SPRING ETC...... SEE:

- Home page -

MOST OF THEIR KITS HAVE THE RAMPS, ROLLERS, WEIGHTS, PUCKS, SPRINGS AND SOME EVEN HAVE HI PERF RAMPS FOR A LITTLE OVER $200 USD -- THEY'RE ALL TESTED AND TUNED KITS

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rick hope your better for riding this year and maybe we could meet up in golden or revy
ttyl
Rich
Mayland Heights Autopro

BIKEMAN MAKES COMPLETE PRIMARY CLUTCH KITS WITH THE SPRING ETC...... SEE:

- Home page -

MOST OF THEIR KITS HAVE THE RAMPS, ROLLERS, WEIGHTS, PUCKS, SPRINGS AND SOME EVEN HAVE HI PERF RAMPS FOR A LITTLE OVER $200 USD -- THEY'RE ALL TESTED AND TUNED KITS

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the clutch kit according to dealer is for etec - is that right?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the clutch kit according to dealer is for etec - is that right?

it says for ptek or etek on part supplier websites. There is another part number though that ends in 627 instead of 626.

The parts it includes should not be any different between the two sleds. Its all the same TRA.

reeses31

Reaction score
How many kms were on your sled when you replaced it? Just wondering cause i bought a 09 and it has about 1800 km on it so seeing if thats something i should be looking into?

Champagne powder

Reaction score
How many kms were on your sled when you replaced it? Just wondering cause i bought a 09 and it has about 1800 km on it so seeing if thats something i should be looking into?

I pull my primary every 300-500 miles to clean and inspect. Highly recommend getting clutch puller bolt $30, primary clutch holder $50 and set of forks $19 to hold the buttons. DJ has a great 4 part video on youtube for the tra VII clutch. google mxzx-revzone lots of good info at joe's site about clutches.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pull my primary every 300-500 miles to clean and inspect. Highly recommend getting clutch puller bolt $30, primary clutch holder $50 and set of forks $19 to hold the buttons. DJ has a great 4 part video on youtube for the tra VII clutch. google mxzx-revzone lots of good info at joe's site about clutches.

After the water trick I will never put a puller bolt in mine again!

vrscr43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had this kit in my hand at the dealer, the parts guy told me I need special tools to install the bushing into the spring cup.
Can anyone comment on the validity of that statement, is there a way of installing the bushing without the BRP tools?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had this kit in my hand at the dealer, the parts guy told me I need special tools to install the bushing into the spring cup.
Can anyone comment on the validity of that statement, is there a way of installing the bushing without the BRP tools?
Yep thats true, it took my dealer 15min to do it.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Their are two bushings, I thought the spring cup came with the bushing installed? Anytime I have seen a spring cup purchased, it was already installed. There is another bushing for the moveable shieve, that bushing is very brittle. The tool is nothing more than a proper sized press with a shoulder to set the bushing in. You can try doing it without the tool and using something of the same diameter, but if you crack it, you are on your own and paying for a new one. If the dealer cracks it, its out of their pocket.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep thats true, it took my dealer 15min to do it.

Been down that road buy the time you pay them plus parts, you should just but the spring cup, at $80 with the bushing installed you will come out ahead. Turples charged me a hour labour plus $ 18-20 for the bushing. I was pizzed!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been down that road buy the time you pay them plus parts, you should just but the spring cup, at $80 with the bushing installed you will come out ahead. Turples charged me a hour labour plus $ 18-20 for the bushing. I was pizzed!
The bushing I was referring to was the sliding half bushing, the kit comes with a new spring cover with the bushing already installed. My dealer didn't even charge me to install the sliding half bushing.

badass1000

Reaction score
You can buy just the bushing for the spring cup. I tried to save a buck and just replace the bushing. It says in the manual to use a special loctite for sleeves or something. Gives a loctite number in the manual. It is green. I didn't have any so I just used red loctite. First ride it came out. So I bought another sleeve, the loctite listed, and a special primer/cleaner for the loctite. Still came out first ride. I bought a new spring cup with the bushing already installed and no problems. I bought another spring cup with the bushing already installed for a spare. Only one I couldn't do and I will try again this year is the bushing in the sliding half. Right by the clutch face where it slides on the iner sheave shaft. I couldn't get the lock ring out. I bought a special tool for something else that looks like it works for that type of lock ring.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bushing I was referring to was the sliding half bushing, the kit comes with a new spring cover with the bushing already installed. My dealer didn't even charge me to install the sliding half bushing.

Yeah but your dealer is a one of a kind.

Top Bottom