Pretty good idea for ramps.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks interesting for sure, would wonder what the total folded length is past bumper as it would need to be flagged or lited for dot.... Saftey like a sled on a deck :)

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would remove the endgate and put a home made one on in its place
or wait till dodge starts putting ramps in their truck beds

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although a good idea, the approach angle for lower trucks is not great. ****s gonna get wrecked and people gonna get frustrated,.. not everyone rides the hardtop to the front door of an OHV park.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of leverage on the receiver. Even if the weight is few hundred pounds the receiver is going to take a sh#t kicking with a quad bouncing around on a 3 ft leaver. Stick to smooth clean roads or drive a beater if you use this contraption.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of leverage on the receiver. Even if the weight is few hundred pounds the receiver is going to take a sh#t kicking with a quad bouncing around on a 3 ft leaver. Stick to smooth clean roads or drive a beater if you use this contraption.

Can't be more than a trailer? Lots of guys use the hitch as a support for weight hanging over the tailgate anyways since they don't trust the tailgate cables.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

If you tie it down properly, there should NEVER be any "bouncing around".

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not the weight its the leverage. Say for argument sakes the average trailer hitch is 12" long and this contraption is 36" long. Even if the weight remains constant the effective twisting motion on the hitch will be 3 times as much at 36" then at 12" so 200 lbs. acts like 600 lbs. it is simply math. This also does not account for the dynamic load created by the whipping motion at the back of the bus and the flex In the contraption its self which further compounds the load. Having broke a couple of hitch's one on a Dodge and one on a GMC (both from repetitive over loading off road hauling round bales). I would be very careful if I were to use this carrier and inspect the hitch from time to time for cracks. Both hitch failures I experienced had pre-existing cracks (rust in the cracks that eventually failed).
Can't be more than a trailer? Lots of guys use the hitch as a support for weight hanging over the tailgate anyways since they don't trust the tailgate cables.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you tie it down properly, there should NEVER be any "bouncing around".
I have a Foreman with a straight axel in the back which I strap over and the front I strap through the frame. I don't like bottom out the suspension I think it will sag over time if I have it compressed to the bumpers. What do you do?

Last edited:

RMPERK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw one in Idaho a couple of weeks ago
the guy said it was great
it looked ok but it makes me nervous

Top Bottom