Prepurchase Checklist

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a m800/8000. 2013 to 2015, but most likely a 2013 (cheaper:)). Was thinking of putting together a list to check the sled against it.
What comes to your mind?
All useful replies will be rewarded with a thanks :) :)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First thing I always do is see if it starts. If it doesn't sound like it's going to blow up that's a good sign.
Listen for rattles ext. Should sound smooth.

jmccafferty81

Reaction score
I have a 14 Limited its white and black low km was my gf's sled shes pregnant 8 grand. Just sayin

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a m800/8000. 2013 to 2015, but most likely a 2013 (cheaper:)). Was thinking of putting together a list to check the sled against it.
What comes to your mind?

First things first if its a 12 or 13 go inside the clutch compartment and check evidence of the sled being a belt blower, if so walk away!
At idle these Suzuki motors vibrate pretty good so you will have odd noises, the motors are one of the best out there.
These sleds are extremely tough and there shouldn't be any hidden damages if you give it a good look over, personally if its a 13 make sure its a limited model or else it has non powdercoated tunnel and a full cooler which is very heavy.
In 2014 they upgraded the secondary clutches and they were pretty good
If you can swing it the 2016 and newer is the way to go with the 36" front end and the team clutches and 3" powerclaw

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What comes to your mind?

First look at the overall condition scratched, dented, bent etc

remove hood and side panels check for mods, turbo, pipe, anything not factory

check clutches if you are not sure what to look for bring someone who does

check track condition missing lugs, rips, tears etc

check rear suspension bent or broken pieces, shocks, rails

check front suspension and skis (shocks are expensive to replace)

start it up listen for unusal noise, what oil was used?

on a stand engage the clutches spin the track or better yet test ride

Is the steering tight?

Does the hrs match the speedometer?

There's a few things that came to mind. I recommend staying away from the 13 if possible they are not bad just not a refined as the newer ones. For me to buy a 13 it would need to be half price of a 14. I would get one as new as possible (budget wise)there are many improvements. I had a 14 and now a 16 two different machines.

Top Bottom