Premium fuel in Mcbride??

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I don't see why not. There's a pretty decent Husky station there, and when we were there at the beginning of Dec. there was a new Petro Can that looked to be somewhat close to completion.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you dont want the ethanol gas from husky the petro can sells 91 premium and has a nice fresh sandwhich counter

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

• Recommends
Reactions: RXN

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I read that the new petro canada fuel 94 octane does contain ethanol. Where the 91 does not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alberta chad

Reaction score
For what it is worth. According to website, Only Petro-Canada in select locations in Alberta and a eastern province have 94 octane fuel. BC does not. All Petro Canada fuel and the 94 octane fuel will contain a percentage of ethanol and up to 10%. they claim due to the mixing at the pumps that they can not control is why they just use it from the start. As of now, Shell 91 octane is truly the only high octane rated without ethanol.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth. According to website, Only Petro-Canada in select locations in Alberta and a eastern province have 94 octane fuel. BC does not. All Petro Canada fuel and the 94 octane fuel will contain a percentage of ethanol and up to 10%. they claim due to the mixing at the pumps that they can not control is why they just use it from the start. As of now, Shell 91 octane is truly the only high octane rated without ethanol.

That's where they get the extra octane from is ethanol

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the petro canada has 94 octane with ethanal then the 91 will to. if not then their 91 will not contain ethanol.
most dispensers have a blender. when you buy 91 its blended with 87 or 89 and 94 to get your 91. if 94 isnt on site then only the 87 or 89 will contain ethanol. since 2010 all gas in canada must contain 5% ethanol this includes shell.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Any fuel additives are installed at the transport racks....... Not at the pumps

side note: When a fuel truck pulls up to petro- can(for example) transport racks to fill up, and it's going to a petro- can station, they punch up to 28 different buttons for additives(from fuel enhancers to rust inhibitors to octane boosters etc) to meet their formula for each variance of fuel........ If one of the trucks is delivering to costco(for example) they're getting a base grade fuel, and in most cases won't even contain gas line a/f. All depends what they want for a mix, and how much they are going to pay. Not many people know this, but i've taken a few tours of the refineries, and it's very interesting.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Petro 91 contains ethanol as well. I didn't think so and ran some in my sled this year, ended up getting detonation and the sled wouldn't pull 8000. Went back to the station and looked at the pump only to see a very small sticker on the upright of the pump stating the dreaded "may contain up to 10% ethanol". Siphoned out the tank, put in Shell 91 and ran like a dream on my next trip. Chevron 94 is safe as well i believe.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Petro 91 contains ethanol as well. I didn't think so and ran some in my sled this year, ended up getting detonation and the sled wouldn't pull 8000. Went back to the station and looked at the pump only to see a very small sticker on the upright of the pump stating the dreaded "may contain up to 10% ethanol". Siphoned out the tank, put in Shell 91 and ran like a dream on my next trip. Chevron 94 is safe as well i believe.

it will contain ethanol if 94 is being sold at that particular station. the mid grades are blended with low grade and high grade to get you 91. they wont deliver 3 different grades just the two. its blended at the dispenser. this dosent include additives just octane grade.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it will contain ethanol if 94 is being sold at that particular station. the mid grades are blended with low grade and high grade to get you 91. they wont deliver 3 different grades just the two. its blended at the dispenser. this dosent include additives just octane grade.

This station only has the three grades and no 94. Still had the ethanol warning label and judging from how my sled ran on it the fuel was most definitely an ethanol blended fuel. That is the only time i have ever had detonation or wouldn't pull RPM is when i had Ethanol blended fuel and ran on the non-ethanol setting. Had a full tank of brand new fuel as well as a new filter so it wasn't an old fuel issue.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All gas in canada has 5% ethanol. I run gas from the husky and never had any issues with detonation with a hi comp head. I do prefer the shell v-power.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
[h=4]Ultra 94[/h]
  1. Where can I purchase Ultra 94 fuel
    Petro-Canada offers Ultra 94 at select Petro-Canada™ branded sites in Ontario and Alberta. You can search for Ultra 94 locations using our Site Locator.
  2. Why is Ultra 94 not available at the Petro-Canada site I use?
    Availability of Ultra 94 is based on a variety of factors including distribution and local market demand. Petro-Canada currently offers Ultra 94 at over 400 sites in Ontario and Alberta.
  3. What are the benefits of Ultra 94 fuel? What does higher octane do for my car?
    Ultra 94 offers high octane fuel at gas stations in Ontario and Alberta. Its formulation surpasses the CGSB (Canadian General Standards Board) performance requirements for super premium gasoline. Ultra 94's higher octane ensures you always get the maximum horsepower, maximum acceleration, and maximum performance from your vehicle, even under tough driving conditions. Like all Petro-Canada fuels, Ultra 94 is Top Tier certified; in fact, it significantly exceeds Top Tier performance criteria. This higher detergency level will actually clean your car's fuel injectors and intake valves, and keep them clean. Cleaner engines help provide optimal fuel economy, reduced emissions and maximum performance year-round.

4. Does Ultra 94 contain ethanol? Does Petro-Canada still offer an ethanol-free gasoline?
    Ultra 94 contains ethanol. Due to the fact that various fuel grades are blended at the point of sale, most grades of Petro-Canada fuel may now contain up to 10% ethanol. This represents a change from the previous state, where premium fuel was ethanol-free at Petro-Canada.

[h=4]SuperClean[/h]
  1. Will SuperClean™ improve my fuel economy?
    Your mileage may improve, but this depends on your vehicle, how dirty your engine was to begin with and a large number of other factors, such as driving habits, tire pressure, road conditions, weather, loads, etc.
  2. Does SuperClean have any effect on the environment?
    Yes. Dirty fuel injectors and valves can contribute to higher tailpipe emissions. Using SuperClean helps to reduce those emissions.
  3. If SuperClean helps to clean my engine, what about PlusClean and RegularClean gasolines? Don't they clean my engine as well?
    Yes. If you have been a loyal Petro-Canada purchaser, your vehicle is likely delivering its best performance. However, if you sometimes purchase lower quality gasolines, SuperClean can help remove any deposits that may have formed.
  4. Is it OK for old and new cars?
    SuperClean is great for all new cars to help keep the engine clean and deliver peak performance. In fact, automobile manufacturers recommend the use of gasolines that contain a detergent additive. For older cars, it will help remove intake valve deposits and clean the fuel injectors to help restore their performance.
  5. Isn't all gasoline the same?
    No. In most parts of Canada, many private and independent brands do not provide as much or any cleaning agents in their gasoline, which can leave harmful deposits in your engine. These deposits will reduce your engine's performance over time. Petro-Canada's SuperClean gasolines contain higher levels of Tactrol, our unique formulation of deposit-control additives, which can actually help remove any harmful buildup and prevent its return with regular use. (Tactrol is also available in our RegularClean (87), PlusClean (89), SuperClean 94 (Montreal only) and Ultra 94 grades of gasoline.)
  6. Who invented SuperClean gasoline?
    Petro-Canada did. It is our own unique formulation, which we produce within our own company. No other company offers SuperClean gasoline except Petro-Canada.

Top Bottom