Power commander with auto tune

itchyfinger

Reaction score
Hey, Ive got a 09' crossfire 800 snopro with a bunch of mods done to and the power commander with auto tune my question is, is if anyone has a power commander with auto tune or if anyone knows where i can get feul maps?? its getting close to sledding season and im stuck in a rut with this power commander. PLEASE HELP ME if yo can. thanx

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well my take on it is the auto tune makes it's own custom map according to the a/f ratios you set,so why would you need a map

itchyfinger

Reaction score
Well.... haha its confusing at first but a base map would help speed up the process. its alot more technical than i though it was going to be you dont just plug the auto tune in and it tunes itself, you have to put in desired AFR's on your own.... There just isnt alot of people with sleds using this setup yet and its hard to get help. there is a site hotseatperformance.com which has maps just not for the mods i have. Im thinking about possibly switching to the boondocker system until more people (snowmobilers) are using them.

1badhusky

Reaction score
try racin station in idaho - just made me 2 custom maps for my m1000 w/ a pc. haven't tried it yet, but seems like they know what they are doing.

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
Maybe try a map from the site that is close to your mods and then let the autotune take over from there?

tchriste

Reaction score
The AFR is the key to developing the map and the AFR is the industries best kept secret. I spent about a month last spring developing an AFR for my 09 HCR, however once that is done anytime you make changes you would be able to re-attach the autotune and reset the map. You can pull down a base map off of Speedwerx, they developed PCV maps for their 2010 M8 pipe kit, it's just a start.... Using the autotune is not plug and ride and it will build a map....when tuning with the autotune one must allow time for the unit to work, I would suggest go find yourself a nice flat area, work your way slowly through the RPM ranges and do this in good snow with cold temp... last spring I was testing the autotune while hillclimbing etc and while it did a good job going up-hill it didn't like coming downhill and was trying to over fuel the engine to hit the target AFR. It can be a lot of fun for those who enjoy playing and experimenting, however it can be a pain for those who don't...racinstation on Snowest can get you set-up with a map and he might even give you an AFR, keep in mind these AFRs will error on the side of caution and will be a little fatter than the one you may develop. PCV are new and there are people playing with them, however there is a lot of work yet to do and it could take time until you start to see maps, AFR etc on the forum.....no one wants to post something that could cause problems for someone else.

Top Bottom