power commander questions

yamaha1

Reaction score
hi i was wondering with the power commander 5 how do you get the maps because the sight was not working for me and do you have to put a map on it with the autotune hooked up

Minus40

Reaction score
Not sure what you need to know so I'll just ramble a bit. Dynojet does not have sled maps. you have to make your own or load someone elses. I am assuming you have autotune by your post. The only map you need when using the autotune is the target AFR. The autotune will create a trim map for you based off the target AFR that you will have to accept in order to have a running map for your sled. While the autotune is enabled it will apply the trims instantly but you need to build a running map from that. After you have a map made you take off the autotune.

Read all the instructions and check out the dynojet how to vids.
Creating the target AFR map is the real trick

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed a PC 5 on the weekend. I am not sold on these at all. For two strokes anyways, just for the simple fact that in order to make any adjustments to the fuel mapping at all you have to hook it up to a laptop. Who carries a laptop with them on them on the mtn. The one i installed with slp's mapping for there set-up worked good, but if you do any other mods then you may have to start messin around with maps. Slp told me that the auto tune isn't the answer to it all either, so we will see how it works as i'm going to do more playin with these.

Minus40

Reaction score
I installed a PC 5 on the weekend. I am not sold on these at all. For two strokes anyways, just for the simple fact that in order to make any adjustments to the fuel mapping at all you have to hook it up to a laptop. Who carries a laptop with them on them on the mtn. The one i installed with slp's mapping for there set-up worked good, but if you do any other mods then you may have to start messin around with maps. Slp told me that the auto tune isn't the answer to it all either, so we will see how it works as i'm going to do more playin with these.

Yes the laptop thing is a pain but I guess if your going to have a tuning day that's just one more thing to bring along. I just picked up one of those mini notebooks for $200.
I did hear that new software is coming for the lcd unit and I think it was for adjustments. Mount on the sled or carry in your pocket. Thing is you need to buy the lcd. More money! The pc3 had that feature although very coarse compared to laptop adjustments.
I think the autotune works pretty good but I would say you do have to go in and maybe do a little blending or fix some obvious out of place numbers.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you can install a map you want and then fine tune with the three buttons on the front where ever, when ever.

Newgen

Reaction score
Not sure what you need to know so I'll just ramble a bit. Dynojet does not have sled maps. you have to make your own or load someone elses. I am assuming you have autotune by your post. The only map you need when using the autotune is the target AFR. The autotune will create a trim map for you based off the target AFR that you will have to accept in order to have a running map for your sled. While the autotune is enabled it will apply the trims instantly but you need to build a running map from that. After you have a map made you take off the autotune.

Read all the instructions and check out the dynojet how to vids.
Creating the target AFR map is the real trick

target AFR? where can I find this?

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does SLP not supply the maps with the PCV already to go for your set up? I am thinking of purchasing a PCV as well for my 09. What should a person all get? Just the PCV or the display set up as well. I currently have the SLP single pipe, High flow air box, V-force reeds, and thing can.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the 2010 M8's the map that slp has works great. For the M1000 the map they have sucks. There have been guys on here talk about three buttons on the front to adjust it but on the PC5 i have never found any buttons and neither has anyone else i've talked to. I would recommend getting the screen so that you can adjust it on the hill.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i guess i should have specified in my above post. the pc3 has three buttons on the front to adjust but the pcv does not. and yes slp will supply a map with the pcv when running there pipe. they will even give you the map if you don't buy the pcv right from them.

hilinerider

Reaction score
talk to jim at dynotech research, lots of maps and good info, got my pcv from him with 2 maps in it so i can switch to see which works better, the pcv has the option of putting in a switch for dual maps

Top Bottom