Powder King area rideable?

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a few buddies working towards the Chetwyn Powder King area and they figure it's rideable but they are all snowboarders, is this info good or are they completely wrong? I did hear PK shi hill is opening next weekend and would expect to run the risk of some A Arm and possibloy track damage, but after this weeks posts all over of people riding I am getting a little excited to ride;)

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was hauling between hudson hope and pk last week, it was snowing but i really wouldnt try it yet myself, im not a big fan of stump jumping. im as bad as everyone else getting the itch to go for the first ride but i dont think theres enough there yet. heard of a few guys that have gone out in golden and have some friennds going out to yanks peak in wells this weekend.

Reaction score
Check powderkings facebook page, someone was out sledding, the groomer plowed in their truck...
And there is sled tracks in the snow in front of the camera on the drivebc webcam

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tracks in front of the camera were from Phil and I today. The groomer plowed in some young guys truck cause they were ripping up and down the ski hill yesterday and making it really hard for the ski hill to have any sympathy for us sledders at all. If you want to ride the ski hill, stay the f*@k home, period. On the power line theres anywhere from 5 to 6 feet in places. And the trail up to the cabin doesn't have enough snow yet, too many rocks, logs, etc. we tried today, but too many obstacles. Be another couple weeks before you can get to the back country. Still an awesome first ride.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
supposed to hep do some renovations on my buddies cabin over there this weekend if I'm off work, maybe I'll bring the sleds just in case;) no reason to ride the ski hill though, not a fan of packed snow or being a jackass, this off season has been bad the guys and I started watching videos in august since our weather was too crappy to wakeboard hahahaha

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
Here is my report-November 5, 2011
Fort St. John-No snow
Chetwynd-No snow
Silver Sands-Minimal snow-I would not ride there.
Powder King-about 20 cm at the parking lot, and more further up. I put on about 25 km today, first ride of the season. I was not the only person out there-I was following tracks up to the trail to the cabin. Only problem was that the parking lot was not plowed out. I did some makeshift working (parking at the waterfall parking lot, and riding up the shoulder of 97 to the Powder King parking lot. You could also park at the ski resort, though I don't think they would like you there.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Attachments

• Eric at PK on  November 06 2011.JPG
    Eric at PK on November 06 2011.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hill opens tomorrow and I just got myself an enclosed trailer with bunks and a wood stove that'll hold three, now if LSM wasn't taking their time with my powdercoating I coulda went this weekend

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Killing me waiting on these running boards, hoping they work weekends and maybe I can be together for sunday/monday but knowing GP I would say I can't get my parts til monday at the earliest so tuesday rideable

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have buddies coming back from there right now. Said the snow was awesome. No pics yet but they said they decided to stay an extra day it was soo good

Top Bottom