powder claw or camo extreme

lee fraser

Reaction score
i got a 2012 m8 pro climb and really need help deciding i got a few mods like pipe,ypipe,reeds ,can, clutch nothing crazy and was thinking of going a 3 inch or 2.5 and i love my powder claw last year but people are telling me to co camo extreme its way better if people can help me out that would be great thanks all

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had a powder claw but have 2.5" camo on my pro and love it, ditch bang a bit whith it!!!!

lee fraser

Reaction score
well i do very little ditch banging and ride mainly mountain im wanting the 3 inch but if its not that much betterthan the 2.5 well i will save money not going 7 tooth drivers decisions decisions ?

geordiep

Reaction score
$600 - $700 more for a 3" camo and 7 tooth over a 2.5" camo. I chose 2.5.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The extreme 2.5 is night and day when coming down. The powerclaw is prob one of the worst in terms of slowing you down. I switched to the extreme and thats where it had its benefits.

Shanerd

Reaction score
The extreme 2.5 is night and day when coming down. The powerclaw is prob one of the worst in terms of slowing you down. I switched to the extreme and thats where it had its benefits.

Same...no difference climbing really but coming down is a noticiable improvment.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same...no difference climbing really but coming down is a noticiable improvment.

So your saying the only difference is better traction slowing down? You should try going up with it

Shanerd

Reaction score
I'm saying I didn't notice much advantage to climbing with the 2.5 Camo compared to the powerclaw, but conditions were pretty deep after the swap when I did go out so hard to really judge...braking was much improved and it was easier to load on the sled deck with the camo for sure...overall was it worth the swap, yeah I think so.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed my secondary got ridiculously hot after installing the camo extreme. I think I'm going to go 1 tooth down on the top gear to help with the extra traction. But the camo is noticibly better with braking, control and deep powder performance.

snobyrd

Reaction score
Save your money, I tried one last year on my turbo, big waste of money, on one of our rides, we had to climb out of a chute to get home, it was springtime in the evening, the sno had turned icy towards the top, I barley made it up because I was spinning so much, stock ms and pros made it up, I got a feeling that the durometer is higher on the cameo, but I'm not sure. If your looking for that night and day difference, your not gonna c it.. Save ur $$$$
Jmo

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is worth it if it only improves stopping cause the pc you May as well not have brakes at all. Jmho

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
camo is the best way to go, downhill on a power claw is like being on a frozen hockey puck going down a water slide. the new 2.6 power claw is supposed to be better but time will tell. i do recommend reclutching if you do change.

Top Bottom