Post for post forward

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a c3 post or one off a 2012 that has the xrs post which fits an 09? I can't get the stock 09 post to work with C3 Kit at all! In a pinch, trip planned next weekend and need to get this together asap. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why whats the issue? Im in the process of doing my 12' with a post forward using the reverse curve post from C3.I know with out the curved post there is modifications to the air box needed (i.e: heat it up and form it around the post) and ill have to modify my dash plastics ect… and get a longer brake line and throttle cable.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I need is the reverse curve post, should of ordered it at the same time but all the threads I read stated that the stock post would work fine just had to do more airbox mods, I cant even get the stock post to fit and haven't even got to the airbox stage yet. The stock post on the 09 and the 12 is supposed to be different but I don't believe people in threads anymore so Im just going to order the C3 one and be done with it.

rtk

Reaction score
I INSTALLED A c3 POST FORWARD IN MY 2011 LAST YEAR AND USED THE STOCK POST. i DID HAVE TO HEAT AND REWORK THE AIR BOX AND YOU ALSO HAVE TO MODIFY THE MOUNTING BLOCKS WHERE THE BOTTOM OF THE POST IS MOUNTED. i BOUGHT MY POST FORWARD KIT RIGHT AT CE IN SICAMOUS AND IT CAME WITH MODIFIED BLOCKS THAT HAVE JUST BEEN REGROUND A BIT. i LIVE IN ST ALBERT IF YOU NEED MORE HELP PM ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER IF YOU WANT ANY HELP

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put it on my 09, I ended up ordering the straight post from Kevin after I got the bracket. There was no way the stock post was going in there.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya Kevin is awesome he called me back before they were even open this morning and explained why I new the post so ordered it and it's on its way.

kgb117

Reaction score
Im looking at doing post forward as an upgrade this year... So an 08 post will not work with the c3 kit? I should order a new post as well? I read about the new doos having adjustable posts? Any idea what these cost?

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the post forward 3years ago on my 09. I used a 2010 hillclimb post and it worked good with mods to the upper airbox. Kevin now has a reverse bend post. Some guys are complaining its not as strong but I never heard complaints about his straight post he used to have or has, not sure if he still uses them or not.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the post forward 3years ago on my 09. I used a 2010 hillclimb post and it worked good with mods to the upper airbox. Kevin now has a reverse bend post. Some guys are complaining its not as strong but I never heard complaints about his straight post he used to have or has, not sure if he still uses them or not.
Here is my experience with this reverse curve post from C3 power sports. I broke my stock post.So I order a reverse curve post and the post forward kit. I get it installed with minimal issue.(i didn't try but it doesn't look like the stock post would fit if you are using the post forward kit. my sled is a 12 xp) the very first time out in the first 1/2 of the day I noticed the post is very bent. This is before any jumping or hooliganism of any kind we were still heading in at this time. i thought it had snapped off because thats how it felt when i straightened my riser back up extremely easily. long story blah blah blah… so i limped it through the rest of the trip and then got home and by now i can pull my riser over to a 45 degree angle with out even lifting the opposite ski off the ground. i called c3 and they want me to send it back too them. they suspect it missed a hardening/ annealing process while it was being made(which makes sense as chromoly usually does not bend like a wet spagetti noodle, it just breaks off). So when i get to the bottom of this ill let you guys know.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did it bend? I could not get the stock post on my 09 to work at all with their blocks, so I ordered the C3 post and it fit perfectly with their blocks and the rubber rings they supply, infact it feels tighter and smoother then the stock post did. One thing I did notice is their post doesn't have the gussets at the T where the risers mounts, I called Kevin and he mentioned that they didn't have any issues with it breaking or bending there so they left them off to save on cost to the consumer, fair enough. I didn't like it so I cut the gussets off the stock post and tigged them onto the C3 post. Havent test rode the sled yet but it feels a lot better in the saddle with the riser inline with the bar.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Where did it bend? I could not get the stock post on my 09 to work at all with their blocks, so I ordered the C3 post and it fit perfectly with their blocks and the rubber rings they supply, infact it feels tighter and smoother then the stock post did. One thing I did notice is their post doesn't have the gussets at the T where the risers mounts, I called Kevin and he mentioned that they didn't have any issues with it breaking or bending there so they left them off to save on cost to the consumer, fair enough. I didn't like it so I cut the gussets off the stock post and tigged them onto the C3 post. Havent test rode the sled yet but it feels a lot better in the saddle with the riser inline with the bar.
I think we should go test it next weekend if your around!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm out of commission till the first of next month.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It bent right in the middle of the curve. I also would prefer if they gusseted the tee. I really like having it moved forward too,so i sure hope that the next post is good. I think I'm gonna fill it full of fibre glass resin, just for good measure that should stiffen it right up l.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cut the gussets off the stock post and fully welded them to the new post

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im kinda curious how much that will affect the strength of the post vs. not gusseting. the only reason i say this is because my stock post broke right at the point where the gussets were attached, do you think welding right there could weaken the post?. i think i will try it with no gussets first if I break that well i guess I'll figure it out from there. looks like you know how to wield a Tig too! Nice looking work.

zeke

Reaction score
I put the forward kit on this fall on my 010 and there's no way the stock post would work. Got a straight one and it's been great. Just wondering what you guys are doing about the intake issue. I know there are lots of threads on here but would it be possible to put an 012 intake on?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the forward kit on this fall on my 010 and there's no way the stock post would work. Got a straight one and it's been great. Just wondering what you guys are doing about the intake issue. I know there are lots of threads on here but would it be possible to put an 012 intake on?

SLP intake works good

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so here is the scoop, the reverse curve posts did not get heat treated,none of them, there must have been some communication break down somewhere, so that is why mine bent like a soft noodle. But he has only got like 10 of them back so some seem to be holding up even though they are not hardened.

Top Bottom