Post Adaptor Required?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post Adapter Required?

Do I need a post adapter for the XM's to use the riser posted below and the new bars? Just wanting to send in my order for this stuff meow.

relocator.jpg

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Post Adapter Required?

No they have a 'T' top post. Which risers are those?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No they have a 'T' top post. Which risers are those?

I can't remember. But I had the post adapter on my '04 which is why I figured I'd ask. I couldn't find any pics of the riser and post up close.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

there is a t-post on the xm, BUT the better question would be is the t-post on the XM wide enough for those risers. The base of them looks really wide compared to the stock t-post width.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are you even going to need them on your new sled? Just sayin, but if it was me I would sell those and get the factory riser if you need to change heights. Looks a lot better.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

there is a t-post on the xm, BUT the better question would be is the t-post on the XM wide enough for those risers. The base of them looks really wide compared to the stock t-post width.

The way the risers are designed the post with will not mater. It isnt a riser block there are 2 seperate pieces. Not crazy about those risers tho.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AND there is nothing stopping them going from any width (there are just two bars) but if you bought an X they have the pro taper bars don't they? So it would be the tops you have to look at not the bottoms. Stay with factory. They are a stronger design too.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you even going to need them on your new sled? Just sayin, but if it was me I would sell those and get the factory riser if you need to change heights. Looks a lot better.

Sorry I think those doo adjustable risers look like a POS and have it on good authority (can't say who) that they suck balls.

I'm gonna stick with my ROX adjustable riser which I really like. Asking about needing post adapters nothing else boys.

I appreciate ur input on risers but this is the route I'm going so I just need advice on how to make this set up work. Might just wait till I have the sled in front of me

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I sound grumpy or ungrateful I am super sick at home :(

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL me too. Do you really need adjustable risers though? That is my point. Find the height you need and put that riser on. I wasn't talking about the factory adjustable ones.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL me too. Do you really need adjustable risers though? That is my point. Find the height you need and put that riser on. I wasn't talking about the factory adjustable ones.

I think what's making my cold worse is my roof is being redone today as well haha. Bad day to be sick.

That's true but it's already bought and paid for so might as well use it :)

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would love a good adjustable riser but all the ones I can find don't go high enough. I'm 6'3" and have kinda subscribed to Rasmussen's theory on lower bars for technical riding but I like big ape hangers on the trail otherwise I'm bent right over and my back kills me.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I got lucky with me freeride. The barrs are in the perfect position fro me. My arms are slightly bent while standing and shoulder height-ish while seated.

Top Bottom