Possibly an electronic problem???

Daverino27

Reaction score
Looking for some help/advice about my sled regarding starting after being warmed up and used for part of the day:

Its a 07 Summit 800 XRS with about 3000 miles on it. It has always ran like a top, starts well everytime out and has given me very few problems, however, last season a problem started popping up once in a while (about every 2-3 days ridden). The problem would occur randomly or sometimes specifically after the sled was rolled. Usually, after the sled is rolled the throttle needs to be held full throttle and the sled starts right up but this stopped working.

The problem: Sometimes the sled just wont start up again, even if it hasn't been rolled. (this is always when the sled/engine is warm). It always eventually starts but sometimes takes nearly an hour of pulling and monkeying around to get it going.......then once it gets going its runs fine again. A few times I have tried pouring gas into the spark plugs and it will fire up but quit after the gas burns off. Pouring gas directly into the intake keeps it running as long as u keep pouring gas in.

Can anyone give me any advice??? Is there some sensor or electrical problem maybe?

Thanks

Top Bottom